How to Apply Special Public Works Recruitment 2020/2021: Apply for the Special Public Works Programme 2020 for 774,000 Nigerians – www.specialpublicworks.gov.ng. Special Public Works and NDE Recruitment 2020/2021 for 774,000 Nigerians Application is out.
In the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic, His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the employment of 774, 000 Nigerians for Special Public Works program in the country to cushion the effect of the pandemic.
NDE 774000 Recruitment 2020/2021 is out- The federal Government 774,000 Nigerian has began: This is to inform you and the general Public that the Special Public Works (SPW) Recruitment 2020/2021 of 774,000 through Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment and national directorate of Employment application form and portal has been open.
Special Public Works (SPW) is the initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria in collaboration with the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) to employ 774,000 Nigerians in the COVID-19.
Are you willing to work for the federal government of Nigeria? Then this is your best opportunity.
What is Special Public Works Programme?
Special Public Works Department is one of the four (4) core programmes of the Nigerian Directorate of Employment. It seeks to identify and exploit employment opportunities that abound in the public works sector by organizing the skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled persons that are unemployed to carry out utility, environmental, infrastructural development and sanitation works. The program promotes mass employment strategies.
Benefits of SPW Programme.
- Monthly stipends
- Beneficiaries will be involved in Urban and Rural Sanitation, Health Extension and other critical services.
- Nigerians who lost their jobs due to the economic crisis.
Searches related to How to apply for Special Public Works
- how to apply for special public works program
- how to apply for special public works programme
- special public works portal
- special public works programme recruitment
- special public works program recruitment 2020
- www.nde.org.ng/public register
- special public work gov ng
- special public works programme in nigeria
SPW Recruitment Requirement 2020
Do you have Local Government Identification Letter? Do you have voter’s card or drivers licences or international passport or National Identification Card? Then you are eligible to apply for 774,000 Special Public Works (SPW) Recruitment via Application Form Portal.
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2020 – http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng
- Oyo TESCOM Oral Interview Schedule for Non-Teaching Staff
- How to Access CBN Healthcare Research and Development Grants
- CBN N50bn COVID-19 Support Loan for Households and Businesses
- Maltina Teacher of the Year Competition 2020 & How to Apply
- www.policerecruitment.gov.ng 2020 – NPF Recruitment Portal Login
- How to Apply N-Power Recruitment 2020 Application Form for Nigerians
- Nigerian Airforce Registration Portal 2020 – www.airforce.mil.ng
- Oyo TESCOM Existing Applicants To Upload Their Credentials Portal
How to Apply Special Public Works Recruitment 2020/2021.
- To register for special Public work (SPW), visit: https://specialpublicworks.gov.ng/site/?page_id=12267
- Click on your State of Origin on the map,
- Locate your local government are to benefit from the SPW 2020 programme.
- There you will find the names of member committee in your State and their phone numbers.
NOTE: We will keep you updated when the recruitment process is officially announced.Keep checking our website.
Firstly, interested applicants are to simply visit the official websites allocated for the recruitment and fill-in all details. The official website is in the link below; specialpublicworks.gov.ng
Categories of Special Public Works Programmes (SPW).
Various aspects of Special Public Works Programmes (SPW)
Special Public Works Department is one of the four (4) core programmes of the National Directorate of Employment and they are divided into seven (7) different categories as listed below:
Graduate Attachment Programme (GAP)
The Graduate Attachment Programme (GAP) is an intervention designed to address the alarming level of graduate unemployment by providing them with transient jobs. Unemployed graduates of tertiary institutions who wish to participate must have completed the mandatory one-year national service with the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) but in some cases OND/NCE certificate holders are recruited. Participants are attached to willing corporate organizations on pupilage for 6-12 months. During this period, interns are expected to gain requisite practical experience and ascertain their indispensability to the organization that may lead to possible retention at the end of the internship.
Graduate Coaching Scheme (GCS)
The scheme is designed to provide transient jobs to unemployed graduates particularly those with qualification in education. They are engaged as trainers to coach candidates with deficiencies in one or more core subjects but intend to make-up their grades in WAEC/NECO/SSCE to use the earned credits to pursue admission into tertiary institutions also, to assist those preparing for the JAMB-UTME examinations. Training duration is three (3) months.
Objectives of GCS:
- To provide transient jobs to unemployed graduates particularly those with education bias engaged as trainers.
- To reduce the incidence of long term unemployment caused by the curtailment of employable entrants into the labour market.
- To prepare WAEC/NECO candidates with deficiencies for a re-write of the examinations to improve their grades thereby keeping them from idleness.
Graduate Special Training Programme (GSTP)
The scheme is designed for graduates of tertiary institutions. It involves a 2-weeks digital skills training on specialized applications relevant to skills needed in specific careers or professional practices. The skill sets include; Autodesk, project management, hardware installations e.g. Dish and Satellite installations, V – Sat and internet installations and Networking. At the end, participants serve an attachment in well managed small and medium enterprises for a period of 3 – 6 months to develop competence in the learnt skills.
The training prepares participants to possess skills relevant to meet demands for the job, function effectively and succeed in the technology-based millennium workplace. Competence in these skills confers the holder a competitive edge in securing employment and/or starting a business.
Environmental Beautification Training Scheme (EBTS)
EBTS is designed for the training of unemployed graduates of tertiary institutions and non-graduates in hard and soft landscaping that leads to the acquisition of skills in erosion control and environmental beautification, protection and sanitation.
Hard landscaping training involves the posting of unemployed persons to experienced trainers to acquire such skills as casting, block moulding, interlocking stone production and laying, concrete balustrades production and installation, concrete slabs and rings production and installation, kerb making and laying, floor and wall tiling. Whereas, soft landscaping involves the impartation of such skills as landscape designing, grading, raising nurseries, planting of flowers and seedlings of trees & shrubs and grassing for aesthetics and erosion control. Plastering skills are also learnt which includes; plaster of paris making and installation, suspended ceiling installation, decoration of columns, beams, windows, construction and decoration of water fountains etc.
The training duration is three (3) months. At the end, participants benefit from starter-packs made up of requisite tools and equipment.
Community Development Scheme (CDS)
The Community Development Scheme (CDS) is designed to facilitate community-based infrastructural development in construction, rehabilitation and maintenance works through the engagement and utilization of the unemployed on a temporary basis. The approach employs labor-intensive methods supported with appropriate light equipment.
The strategy involves the collaboration of the NDE with local authorities, establishments, organizations, target communities, etc. in the execution of such projects. The projects are funded through the provision of materials by the host communities while the NDE provide hand-tools, cost of labour and technical expertise.
- To utilize the abundant manpower resources in executing public infrastructure works
- To enable the unemployed, obtain transient jobs while acquiring new skills and trade experiences
- Road construction, rehabilitation and maintenance works
- Irrigation works
- Social services including the building of schools, provision of boreholes, potable water supply etc.
- Environmental protection works, etc.
Skilled and unskilled members of the host communities
As long as the identified projects last
Solar Energy Training Scheme (SETS)
The Solar Energy Training Scheme (SETS) is designed for unemployed graduates of tertiary institutions who must have completed the mandatory one-year national service preferably with Engineering or Science background. Participants undergo one (1) week training on solar energy procurement, installation and maintenance activities and practical attachment of two (2) months on-the-job training in private companies. At the end, the participants may opt for paid employment or become self-employed by accessing a loan package.
Objectives of SETS
- To curb the growing rate of unemployment among graduates in the country
- To develop skilled service personnel in solar energy procurement, installation and maintenance
- To provide an alternative source of renewable energy via sunshine
- To reduce infrastructural deficit by providing power for small businesses, homes, street lightning etc.
Labour Based Technology Training Scheme (LBTS)
The scheme is designed as a component of the Community Development Scheme. It involves the engagement and training of different categories of the unemployed in the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of a variety of infrastructure adopting the labour – based method of infrastructure development thus making optimal use of labour supported by compatible light equipment while employing all engineering principles in the design and execution of works without compromising quality.
Objectives of LBTS: –
- To provide on-the-job training for unskilled and skilled community members
- To build capacity of designated technical personnel
- To provide infrastructure in benefiting communities
If you need news update on Special Public Works Recruitment Portal 2020 – specialpublicworks.gov.ng, simply leave a comment below so we can send you updates on time. Also, kindly subscribe to our post notifications or Join our Mail list for free now.