UNESCO Abuja National Art Competition 2020: UNESCO Abuja is now accepting entries from residents of Nigeria for its 2020 National Art Competition. The deadline for the submission of entries for the UNESCO Abuja National Art Competition is 30th September, 2020.
The National Art Competition under the theme of “Sheroes” is specially designed by UNESCO Abuja under the European Union (EU)-United Nations (UN) Spotlight Initiative in Nigeria: To eliminate violence against women and girls.
This competition is aimed at raising awareness about VAWG/SGBV/HP among the public, and to support the zero-tolerance-of-violence environment promoted by the Spotlight Initiative, with a view to support long-term recovery and social inclusion of women and girl survivors through arts and with an additional effect of relieving the increasing social tension exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be more concrete, this competition calls for two categories of artworks: painting and poetry, representing attitudes, visions, expressions and messages against VAWG/SGBV/HP and/or demonstrating the contributions and resilience of women and girls within the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. The selected artworks must demonstrate deep visual and spiritual experience of the author on the issue of VAWG/SGBV/HP and equally inspire the audience.
UNESCO Abuja National Art Competition Eligibility.
- Open to all the residents in Nigeria.
- Women, girls and persons living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to participate.
UNESCO Abuja National Art Competition Prizes.
Twenty (20) finalists of each artwork categories (painting and poetry) will be shortlisted for public voting, which is to further identify the top 10.
- Top 1: Laptop + Winning Certificate
- Top 2-3: Smart Phone + Winning Certificate
- Top 4-10: Mystery Gift Box + Winning Certificate
- All the participants will be awarded with an electronic participation certificate.
UNESCO Abuja National Art Competition Phases.
This competition consists of three phases:
Phase I: Registration and Shortlisting
All the complete and qualified entries will be reviewed and rated by a Committee composed of at least five experts from international agencies, relevant ministries, CSOs addressing VAWG/SGBV/HP, academia and media. Twenty (20) finalists of each artwork categories (painting and poetry) will be selected out based on judging criteria for participating in the second phase. Particular attention will be given to female submissions.
Phase II: Social Media Campaign
The finalists will be convened through the official communication channels of UNESCO Abuja Office for a one-week public voting. The ultimate ranking of the finalists will be determined by the combination of the average score rated by the selection committee (60%) and the amount of votes received (40%).
Phase III: Exhibitions
A webinar will be organized to affirm and further discuss the power of art against VAWG/SGBV/HP as well as to announce the winners of this national art competition. The top 3 winners of each artwork categories will be invited to share their stories behind the artwork creation. All the finalists plus some other outstanding artworks in the competition selected by the Committee will be exhibited online and will be possibly used in communication and advocacy materials of the Spotlight Initiative.
- Nigerian Army Recruitment: How To Apply for 80RRI 2020
- Buhari Young Farmers Network Registration 2020 Form [UPDATE]
- Benue State Government Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- UBEC Recruitment 2020 – Apply Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Job
- Link to Register / Login Nigerian Army 80RRI Recruitment Website 2020
- UBEC FTS Login Portal & Registration Link – fts.admissions.cloud
- N75Bn MSME Survival Fund Registration Portal – https://survivalfund.ng
- 80RRI: Nigeria Army Registration Portal 2020 recruitment.army.mil.ng
- 200000 Exited Npower Beneficiaries To Test-run Transition Phase
- How to Apply FG N75Bn MSME Survival Fund Application Form & Portal
- Nigerian Military School [NMS] Result 2020 Interview Date & Requirements
- How to Apply UBEC Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Recruitment 2020
- Shell Nigeria Sabbatical and Post-Graduate Research Internship 2021
- Buhari Young Farmers Network Recruitment 2020 – NALDA Recruitment
How to Apply UNESCO Abuja National Art Competition.
Each participant may submit a single artwork, which shall be sent in its final form, in the electronic format (.pdf, .png, .jpg, or .doc) and colorful mode as well as aligned with the requirements (not more than 10 MB).
Only the finalists and some other outstanding artworks selected by the selection committee will be contacted and required to deliver their original (physical) artworks to UNESCO Abuja, and this cost of delivery will be covered by UNESCO Abuja.