D-Prize Competition 2020 for Aspiring Entrepreneurs – Up to $20,000: D-Prize Competition is now accepting applications from aspiring Entrepreneurs Worldwide to participate in its 2020 challenge. Each winner will get up to $20,000 to launch a pilot in any region where extreme poverty exists.
D-Prize expands access to poverty-alleviation interventions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most.
D-Prize programs produce new “distribution entrepreneurs” – social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty.
Who Should Apply for D-Prize Competition.
You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur. You are ready to launch your new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. We do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
D-Prize Competition Challenges.
The world has already invented ways to end poverty, yet the best interventions are not being distributed at mass-scale. Can you design a business or NGO that solves one of the Distribution Challenges below?
- + WATER, SANITATION, AND HYGIENE
- + GIRLS’ EDUCATION
- + AGRICULTURE
- + ENERGY
- + GLOBAL HEALTH
- + EDUCATION
- + GOVERNANCE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- + CUSTOM
D-Prize Competition Eligibility.
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if: you are piloting a new distribution-focused initiative, and you need high risk capital.
D-Prize Contest Benefits.
Up to $20,000 USD will be awarded to selected applicants to launch a pilot version of their new organization in any region where extreme poverty exists.
D-Prize Competition Timeline.
Early Submission Deadline: October 18th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Regular Submission Deadline: November 8th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time)
Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): November 29th, 2020 at midnight PT (pacific time).
- Nigerian Army Recruitment: How To Apply for 80RRI 2020
- Buhari Young Farmers Network Registration 2020 Form [UPDATE]
- Benue State Government Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- UBEC Recruitment 2020 – Apply Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Job
- Link to Register / Login Nigerian Army 80RRI Recruitment Website 2020
- UBEC FTS Login Portal & Registration Link – fts.admissions.cloud
- N75Bn MSME Survival Fund Registration Portal – https://survivalfund.ng
- 80RRI: Nigeria Army Registration Portal 2020 recruitment.army.mil.ng
- 200000 Exited Npower Beneficiaries To Test-run Transition Phase
- How to Apply FG N75Bn MSME Survival Fund Application Form & Portal
- Nigerian Military School [NMS] Result 2020 Interview Date & Requirements
- How to Apply UBEC Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Recruitment 2020
- Shell Nigeria Sabbatical and Post-Graduate Research Internship 2021
- Buhari Young Farmers Network Recruitment 2020 – NALDA Recruitment
How to Apply for D-Prize Competition 2020.
Go to the registration portal at https://d-prize.org/#challenges to apply
Round 1 – Submit your concept note and resume(s). We generally receive 1800 submissions a competition.
Round 2 – Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full 10 page proposal. You will have four weeks to draft and submit.
Final Round – Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1-2% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
Launch – You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
If you have questions, send an email to the D-Prize team at [email protected].