University of Tokyo Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021/2022: The University of Tokyo is pleased to announce the 2021/22 application phase of the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for foreign applicants to study to study in Japan.
This is a program through which students are able to study at a Japanese university with a scholarship from the Japanese government, specifically the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho (MEXT)). Through this program, UTokyo only accepts students as “Research students” and “Undergraduate students”.
Table of Contents
- 1 University of Tokyo Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021/2022.
- 2 University of Tokyo Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Eligibility
- 3 How to Apply for University of Tokyo Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2021/2022.
- WAEC Timetable for May/June 2021/2022 [Final International Timetable]
- Google Inside Look Program 2021 for Software Engineering
- FUTMINNA Acceptance Fee Payment & Clearance 2021/2022
- UNN Postgraduate Admission Form 2021/2022 Academic Session
- OAU ODL B.Sc. in e-Agric Extension and Community Eng. Form 2021
- Nigerians to Submit Phone IMEIs to NCC in Three Months
- AA RANO Foundation Scholarship 2021 for Kano Indigenes
- NDA Application Form 2021/2022 – 73rd Regular Course Admission
- OOU Acceptance Fee Amount and Payment Guideline 2020/2021
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship Program
University of Tokyo Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Eligibility
The scholarships will be awarded to postgraduate research students and undergraduate students as follows;
- Master’s, Doctorate and Professional Degree Programs (regular graduate student) or graduate international research student.
- Each undergraduate student will be enrolled at a preparatory school designated by MEXT for a one-year intensive course in the Japanese language and other subjects necessary for preparation for proceeding to university.
- The preparatory course lasts for one year. A grantee who has completed the preparatory education will go on to a university designated by MEXT upon passing its entrance examination.
- The university whose examination a grantee will take is decided by MEXT in consultation with the university and the preparatory school and in comprehensive consideration of the results of the academic examinations in the primary screening held in his/her home country, academic achievement at the preparatory school, the grantee’s proposed major subject, and the receiving capacity of the university.
MEXT Scholarship Application Deadline:
How to Apply for University of Tokyo Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2021/2022.
Two (2) types of applications below are required from candidates before coming to Japan;
Embassy Recommendation: Applications for this category are made directly through Japanese embassies or consular offices outside Japan. Scholarship recipients are recruited and initially screened by the Japanese embassy (or consulate general, depending on the country).
University Recommendation: For this category, UTokyo selects and recommends research students directly to MEXT as candidates for the Japanese government scholarship. The majority of applicants will be international students on inter-university student exchange agreements.