Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Sydney: The University of Sydney is welcoming applications from interested and eligible students for the Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarship. The scholarship provides financial support to students undertaking research in Classics and Ancient History.
This Scholarship has been established to provide support to students undertaking research in the Classics including language, literature history and cultures from ancient Greece and Rome from the eighth century BC to the eighth century AD.
The Scholarship will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate for up to 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
The Woolley Memorial Research Scholarship in Classics commemorates Dr John Woolley the first Principal and Professor of the University of Sydney. Use paste as text if you have formatting problems.
To be eligible for Woolley Memorial Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be enrolled, intending to apply, applied for admission, have a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a PhD in Classics and Ancient History, School of Humanities
- Applicants to conduct research in the Classics including language, literature history and cultures from ancient Greece and Rome from the eighth century BC to the eighth century AD.
How to Apply Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarship
o participate for Woolley Memorial Scholarship, applicants are to submit application online for this award.
The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
- Academic merit – Scholarships Office to use ‘paste as text’ (clipboard with T) and ensure there is a line space between every paragraph.
- Area of study and/or research proposal,
- Curriculum vitae, and
- A personal statement which details which areas of Classics the applicant is planning to undertake or is currently undertaking their research in.
Application Deadline: May 2, 2022