Harvard University Academy Scholars Program for PhD Students 2021: The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, curiosity, and originality, whose work in cultures or regions outside of the US or Canada shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
- NDLEA Final List of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 – Download PDF
- eason Why NIRSAL/CBN May Not Approve Your COVID-19 Loan
- How To Check Your NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan Approval Status
- INEC Voter Registration Portal 2021/2022 | https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- JAMB Result Portal 2021 – Portal-jamb-gov-ng/eFacility_/CheckUTMEResults
- AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science 2021
- KwaZulu-Natal Unemployed Agricultural Graduates Programme (UAGP) 2021
About Harvard University
Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States, established in 1636 by vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. It was named after the College’s first benefactor, the young minister John Harvard of Charlestown, who upon his death in 1638 left his library and half his estate to the institution. A statue of John Harvard stands today in front of University Hall in Harvard Yard, and is perhaps the University’s best known landmark.
Aim and Benefits of Academy Scholars Program
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000.
- If selected before earning the PhD, the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $35,000 until awarded the PhD.
- This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
- Some teaching is permitted but not required
Requirements for Academy Scholars Program Qualification
- The competition for these awards is open only to recent PhD (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a PhD should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars.
- If you have completed a PhD program, the PhD completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline. For applicants applying for the October 1, 2021 deadline,
- You must have completed your PhD or equivalent after September 30, 2018.
- The Selection Committee considers all applicants in one applicant pool.
Documents Required for Application
The completed application will include:
- Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
How to Apply Harvard University Academy Scholars Program for PhD Students 2021.
All application materials need to be submitted by the deadline of October 1. We do not accept late applications.
For more details, visit Harvard University website.
October 1, 2021