Leeds University Business School Economics Department Scholarship 2022/2023: Applications are currently invited from interested and eligible applicants for Leeds University Business School Economics Department Scholarship. This competition is open to home and international applicants applying to the Economics Department within the Leeds University Business School.
Up to two scholarships are available for UK or International applicants applying to the Economics Department within the Leeds University Business School. The Economics Department at the University of Leeds conducts cutting-edge research within five broadly defined research themes: the macroeconomy and macroeconomic policy; work, labour and organization; financialisation and globalisation; development and wellbeing; and environment, infrastructure, innovation and the circular economy.
Across our different research themes, we take an open-minded approach to economic problems offering our PhD students a unique and distinctive research experience. We encourage realistic, interdisciplinary and policy relevant research. While candidates are not discouraged from developing their own ideas and interest, we strongly recommend that their proposed research is clearly located within one or more of our core research themes. For more information about our areas of research expertise and potential supervisors consult our website.
- MTN Nigeria Graduate Internship Scheme for Young Graduates 2022
- Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program 2022/2023
- Future Rising Fellowship for Young Change-makers ($5,000 stipend)
- Youth in Agrifood Export Development Program (YAEDP) 2022
- SIIT Graduate Scholarship Program For Excellent Foreign Students (EFS)
- University of Adelaide Research Project Scholarship 2022 | Funded
- UCAS Scholarship for International Students 2022/2023 | Study in China
- Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2022
- Ekiti State University Post-UTME / DE Screening Form 2021/2022
- EKSU Part-Time Degree Admission Form 2021/2022
- IAUE Amnesty Programme For Students Who Could Not Graduate At Record Time
- 12 Tuition Free Universities in Germany for International Students
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Write Her Future Scholarship For (Black) Female Undergraduate Students 2022
- MBBS in Australia 2022: Requirements, Costs & Top-Ranked Universities
- 10 Tuition Free Universities in UK For International Students 2022
- Nursing Study Grant At University of Bedfordshire UK 2022
- Federal Polytechnic Daura Admission List 2021/2022
Information about the Award
- This competition is open to home and international applicants. Up to two scholarships will be awarded.
Duration of the Award
- Full-time (3 years). The award will be made for one year in the first instance and renewable for a further period of up to two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress;
- The award will cover full fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees.
- A maintenance grant at the standard UKRI rate (£15,609 in Session 2021/22).
- Applicants must not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree.
- Awards must be taken up by 1 October 2022.
- The awards are available for new Postgraduate Researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research study leading to the degree of PhD. Students who are already registered for PhD research study are excluded from applying.
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this Scholarship.
Information about Leeds University Business School (LUBS)
We are a leading, full-service business school, regularly world ranked by the Financial Times, QS and The Economist, and one of a small number of schools worldwide to be triple accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. We deliver undergraduate, Master’s, MBA, PhD, executive and professional education and online study, to over 5000 students from around 100 countries.
We are a top ten business and management research institution, according to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF). The School is one of the leading higher education institutions in the UK, ranked in the top 100 universities in the world (QS rankings 2022) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities.
Our six departments form the framework for our teaching and research. Much of our research involves cross-departmental, cross–University, cross-institutional and international collaborations organised through cross-disciplinary Research Centres. Our mission is to make an exceptional impact on business and society globally through leadership in research and teaching.
How to apply Leeds University Business School Economics Department Scholarship 2022-2023.
Stage 1: First, apply for a research place of study by completing a study application form. Ensure your application matches with research themes in the Economics Department. You will be expected to meet our eligibility criteria for PhD candidates, including the English language requirements if your first language is not English. Once you have received your student ID number (a 9-digit number) move onto stage 2.
Stage 2: Apply for the Leeds University Business School Economics Department scholarship by working your way through the scholarship application form. You must submit your scholarship application by 12:00pm on Friday 11th March 2022.
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence that you meet the Faculty’s minimum English language requirements (below).
As an international research-intensive university, we welcome students from all walks of life and from across the world. We foster an inclusive environment where all can flourish and prosper, and we are proud of our strong commitment to student education. Within the Leeds University Business School, we are dedicated to diversifying our community and we welcome the unique contributions that individuals can bring, and particularly encourage applications from, but not limited to Black, Asian, people who belong to a minority ethnic community, people who identify as LGBT+; and people with disabilities. Applicants will always be selected based on merit and ability.
Candidates should ideally have a first-class or at least a good upper second-class undergraduate degree. In addition, they should also hold a British Master’s degree (or equivalent degree from an overseas university) or an equivalent professional qualification with a minimum average score of 60% (or equivalent), and in an appropriate academic discipline.
English language requirements
The minimum English language entry requirement for research postgraduate research study in the Leeds University Business School is an IELTS of 7.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each component (reading, writing, listening and speaking) or equivalent. The test must be dated within two years of the start date of the course in order to be valid.
For further information, please contact the Graduate School Office: