JAMB Announces New Feature in 2024 UTME Registration: The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it has announced a new feature in the ongoing registration for the 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The exam body in a statement issued on Thursday by its Head of Media and Protocol, Fabian Benjamin, said the feature, ‘Know Your Registration Officer,’ aims to fortify the registration process.
According to Benjamin, the new feature will also guard candidates against abuse and manipulation.
Benjamin further noted that candidates who are applying for the 2024 UTME, which is due to close on 15th May 2024 are advised to immediately raise an alarm the moment they find out that the picture on the screen doesn’t match the face of the person registering them.
“To further fortify the registration process and ensure that candidates know where and who is registering them for the 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination Board( UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) exercise, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board(JAMB) has made provisions for the image of the Registration Officer to be displayed at the corner of the screen being used to register the candidate besides his biometric details that had been captured.
“Candidates registering for the 2024 UTME/DE exercise are urged to ensure that the picture shown on the corner of the screen is the same person registering them. If the picture does not match the face of the Registration Officer, candidates should immediately raise the alarm as such a person is not authorised to register them or they are in a completely unauthorised registration outlet.
“This measure is in addition to several others put in place to guide against manipulation, abuse and exploitation of candidates as well as forestalling examination malpractices.
“The Board’s innovations, including this one which comes with some little changes and additions to its processes, are to make the system better and fortified against those who are working non-stop to take advantage of the system.
“It is, therefore, required of candidates who are the major stakeholders in the process, to monitor the process as they are being registered and adhere to extant instructions, rules and regulations,” the statement said.
- NDA Application Form 2024/2025 – 73rd Regular Course Admission
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2024/2025 for Undergraduate Study (Fully-Funded)
- NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2024
- Sydney Speaks Master’s Scholarship Award for Study in Australia
- The Ian Parry Scholarship in Photojournalism 2024/2025
- University of Essex Masters Scholarships for Africans in UK 2024/2025
- NDDC 2024 Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship – scholarship.nddc.gov.ng
- King’s College London School of Global Affairs Postgraduate Scholarships 2024/2025
- British Council Arts and Social Media Intern Recruitment for Fresh Graduates
- United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship 2024