Hokkaido University Scholarship 2022 for International Students: World Leading Innovative and Smart Education (WISE) Program Scholarship is currently open for applications at Hokkaido University School/ Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. Interested and qualified international students are invited to apply for the WISE Program Scholarship Entrance Examination in Veterinary Medicine/Infectious Disease.
The scholarship program aims to develop, through research experience on leading-edge life sciences, problem-solving abilities based on veterinary medicine and the ability to conduct international activities for new discoveries related to life phenomena and drug development.
Hokkaido University will provide a scholarship which is necessary for your graduation for top performing applicants in the Entrance Examination.
The School of Veterinary Medicine has set degree conferral standards that ensure the specific abilities required of ideal veterinarians in the Cooperative Veterinary Education Program, VetNorth Japan, which is jointly offered by the Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, and grants a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine to students who have developed the requisite abilities and acquired the necessary credits.
Interested applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria
- Applicants must be international student.
- An understanding of standards of conduct that are based on the logic and ethics needed for veterinarians in their duties
- Proficient knowledge and skills on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of animal diseases, as well as on the maintenance and improvement of animal health and public health.
- The international perspectives, expertise and specialized skills necessary to contribute to the solving of global issues such as food supply stability, the hygienic management of livestock animals, the safety of livestock products, and the control of zoonoses.
- Through research experience on leading-edge life sciences, problem-solving abilities based on veterinary medicine and the ability to conduct international activities for new discoveries related to life phenomena and drug development.
Successful applicants for Hokkaido University WISE Scholarship Program will receive the following benefits;
- Free enrollment fee
- Free examination fee
- Tuition fee exempted and a
- Stipend allowance of 145,000 YEN per month
How to Apply Hokkaido University WISE Scholarship Program
Interested candidates for Hokkaido University WISE Scholarship Program are required to enrolled and accepted in the Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine or Graduate School of Infectious Diseases, thereafter proceed to forward the following documents to through the email- email@example.com. You should refer to the guideline and instructions to guide you through the application.
- Curriculum vitae
- Documents for the applicant qualification screening
- Research plan
- Career plan after graduation from the Graduate School
- Evaluation report from the expected supervisor
- Report on scientific and academic activities
- Two letters of recommendation to the President of Hokkaido University
- Short essay of approximately 1,200 words
- English proficiency
- Medical certificate
Application Deadline: Not Specified
In principle, all applicants of all examination categories are required to submit a score from an external English tests, together with the other application forms for Entrance Examination. A minimum TOEFL iBT score of 55 or an equivalent score from other English tests (within 2 years before the date of the Entrance Examination) is required for application. All potential applicants for Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine are advised to plan obtaining a score of external English tests well in advance.
The deadline period is from June 6, 2022 to September 22, 2022.
Examination Fee Payment
October 12, 2022 – October 18, 2022
First Screening <Document Screening>
October 11, 2022 – October 20, 2022
Announcement of the result of First Screening
November 2, 2022
Second Screening <Oral Examination (Interview)>
November 14, 2022 – November 18, 2022
The result of the Second Screening and confirmation of scholarship
December 1, 2022 – December 7, 2022
Announcement of Final Result
January 24, 2023
Time of Enrollment
April 1, 2023