University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship in Clinical Psychology 2021: The University of Copenhagen is currently inviting for a PhD scholarship at the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences. The scholarship is available for international students who wish to enroll in degree program at the University.
The PhD programme provides PhD students with strong research training, which opens up a window of opportunity to a variety of careers within the academic, private and public sectors. The programme includes the drafting of a PhD thesis, active participation in research networks, PhD courses, teaching, and other forms of knowledge dissemination.
University of Copenhagen PhD scholarship in Clinical Psychology | DETAILS
Applicants should have studied Psychology or a closely related subject at undergraduate level. There is a preference for a student with a master’s degree though this is not strictly compulsory. Experience with quantitative methods is a requirement. The positions are available for a 3-year (for applicants with a master degree) or a 4-year (for applicants with four years of course work). The chosen candidate will be enrolled at the Faculty of Social Sciences under Copenhagen Graduate School of Social Sciences.
The PhD student will focus on the first research question and is expected to investigate specifically a) how client, psychologist and treatment characteristics are related to the clients’ outcome of psychotherapy and b) whether different outcome trajectories and predictors of these trajectories can be identified in the data collected for the study.
In order to be considered for University of Copenhagen PhD scholarship in Clinical Psychology, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants can apply from any nationality.
- Participate in and contribute to the on-going data collection.
- Participate in the regular meetings in the research team.
- Write and co-author scientific articles and other scientific outputs to be included in the PhD thesis.
- Attend and complete PhD courses in accordance with the PhD program in Social Science.
- Participate in and co-organize workshops/seminars/conferences.
- Teach in the degree programme at the Department of Psychology.
- Visit a research institution abroad for a minimum of two months (pending Covid-19 restrictions).
How to Apply for University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship in Clinical Psychology.
In order to be awarded a PhD scholarship the applicant has to enrol as a PhD student at the Faculty of Social Sciences. Submit a complete application at our online portal. Click on the “Apply now” icon at the bottom of the page to apply. The documents must be in Adobe PDF or Word. The application must include:
- Cover Letter detailing your motivation and background
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc/BA and MSc/MA)
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications, documentation of English language qualifications (if any)
Application Deadline: June 21, 2021