Nelson Mandela School Masters/MPhil in Development Policy and Practice 2021: The Nelson Mandela School of Public Governance’s Master of Philosophy (MPhil) specialising in Development Policy and Practice offers a structured and sustained learning experience with abundant opportunities for applied research on effective approaches and practices of public policy design and implementation in the African continent.
This multi-disciplinary degree includes a balance of theoretical and practical skills and provides candidates with an opportunity to deepen their mastery in the discipline of Development Policy and Practice or to facilitate a move from another field of study.
- FRSC Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form Portal [Login/Register]
- www.recruitment.frsc.gov.ng – FRSC Recruitment 2021 Registration Portal
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company Technical Trainee Programme 2021
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company Summership Program 2021
- HONNIF Scholarship 2021/2022 for Undergraduate & HND Students
- NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Award 2021
- NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship Award 2021 – www.nigerialng.com
- Nigerian Army 81RRI Shortlisted Candidates 2021 [ims.army.mil.ng]
- PTDF In-Country Scholarship 2021/2022 in Nigerian Federal Universities
- NDLEA Final List of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 – Download PDF
- Reason Why NIRSAL/CBN May Not Approve Your COVID-19 Loan
- How To Check Your NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan Approval Status
- INEC Voter Registration Portal 2021/2022 | https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- JAMB Result Portal 2021 – Portal-jamb-gov-ng/eFacility_/CheckUTMEResults
- AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science 2021
- KwaZulu-Natal Unemployed Agricultural Graduates Programme (UAGP) 2021
- Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Recruitment 2021 & How to Apply
About University of Cape Town
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is South Africa’s oldest university, and is one of Africa’s leading teaching and research institutions. UCT was founded in 1829 as the South African College, a high school for boys. The College had a small tertiary-education facility that grew substantially after 1880, when the discovery of gold and diamonds in the north – and the resulting demand for skills in mining – gave it the financial boost it needed to grow. The College developed into a fully fledged university during the period 1880 to 1900.
Aim and Benefits of The Nelson Mandela School Masters/MPhil in Development Policy and Practice
The MPhil in Development Policy and Practice teaches students to address the challenge of designing, winning support for, and implementing new programmes in government and the broader public sector with strengthened capacities to:
- Analyse how governance, political economy and institutional shortfalls influence outcomes, and explore practical ways of moving forward, which take these institutional realities into account.
- Design and implement trade and industrial policies for African countries, including the study of regional value chains and cross-border infrastructure.
- Learn about Africa’s bilateral, regional, and multilateral trade negotiations, especially, the African Continental Free Trade Area, through the use of simulations and case studies.
- Build individual, team and organisational capabilities and effectiveness through personal development and understanding public sector institutions and governance systems, and application to current challenges, constraints and opportunities.
- Operate in one or more key policy areas, such as economic development, environmental sustainability, or health policy.
- Become increasingly skilful leaders, with a strong focus on personal development and people-management.
- Undertake research that both addresses practical policy and implementation challenges and meets requisite standards of rigour.
Requirements and Qualification Necessary for Application.
Candidates must hold an Honours degree or NQF level 8 equivalent with a minimum average of 65% in order to apply.
How to Apply for The Nelson Mandela School Masters/MPhil in Development Policy and Practice.
Apply online via the UCT application portal – 2022 applications now open.
Please keep the following documents nearby as you will be asked to upload these during the application process:
- current CV with referee details
- certified academic transcripts
- a letter motivating your participation in the class (please indicate in your letter of motivation where you heard about our Master’s)
You will also need to courier the original certified academic transcripts to:
The Admissions Office
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus
Should you experience any difficulties with your application please contact the Admissions Office: Email: email@example.com
Tel: 021 650 2128
The Admissions Office, University of Cape Town, Level 4, Masingene Building