EatOkra Black Women in Food Grants 2022 ($10,000 for Black women-owned restaurants across the United States).
EatOkra, in partnership with Dine Diaspora, is providing $10,000 grants for Black women-owned restaurants across the United States.
The EatOkra Black Women in Food Grants provide capital for Black women to accelerate growth for their brick-and-mortar restaurants. Aligned with EatOkra’s values, the opportunity will enable these businesses to “spread their wings and embrace their visions for tomorrow.”
Black women entrepreneurs face barriers to success due to limited access to funding as they receive less than 1% of venture capital, are three times more likely to be denied loans, and receive lower loan amounts even when approved. Out of 17% of new businesses started by Black women, only 3% eventually become mature businesses. While these businesses, especially restaurants, were hit hard by the pandemic, Black women-owned businesses are up by almost 30% on pre-pandemic levels. With more accessible capital, Black-women owned restaurants can reach maturity and positively impact their communities.
GRANT AMOUNT: $10,000
EatOkra Black Women in Food Grants Eligibility Criteria:
The following are the criteria and requirements for intending applicants for the 2022 EatOkra Black Women in Food Grants. They include;
- Self-identify as a Black woman
- Operate a brick-and-mortar restaurant location
- Currently own at least 50 percent of a restaurant business
- Be a restaurant located in the United States
- Own three restaurants or less, and employ fewer than 50 employees per location
- Be open for at least six months, but no longer than 5 years
Prepare these documents for your application:
- Profit and loss statement for 2021
Any information of a non‑public, confidential or proprietary nature; whether of a commercial, financial or technical nature; customer, supplier, product or production-related; or otherwise all information provided shall be deemed to be confidential.
How to Apply for EatOkra Black Women in Food Grants
The provision of $10,000 grants for Black women-owned restaurants across the United States powered by EatOkra and Dine Diaspora is open.
Applications can be completed online via https://form.jotform.com/221355222031136
DEADLINE: JULY 17, 2022 BY 11:59 PM ET
Check out these opportunities that might interest you:
- BIC Art Master Africa 2022 | Win Cash Prizes Worth $6,500
- Ekiti State Internal Revenue Recruitment
- UCSC International Scholarship in Italy for International Students 2022
- 2022 Children’s Prize to Combat Child Mortality ($150,000 grant)
- Advocacy Incubators Healthy Food Policy Advocacy Fund 2022
- Apply 7th ASEAN Foundation Model ASEAN Meeting 2022
- PINat15 Essay/Debate Competition 2022 for Young Africans
- Bulb Africa Fellowship Program 2022 for Young Tech Enthusiasts
- Barbro Klein Fellowship 2023/24 at Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study