PINat15 Essay/Debate Competition 2022 for Young Africans: Applications are open for the PINat15 Essay/Debate Competition 2022. This year, Paradigm Initiative is celebrating its 15 anniversary in a dual event that will bring together Partners, Friends of PIN, Alumni, Volunteers, PIN Team members, and inclusion stakeholders.
These events are PIN@15 in Lagos, Nigeria, on July 23, 2022, to commemorate PIN’s milestone, and The PIN Festival (PINFest) in Harare, Zimbabwe, on October 10 – 14, 2022.
As part of activities to commemorate this day. Paradigm Initiative is organising an Essay/Debate Competition for young and outstanding African youth between 18-20 years with passion and drive for digital rights and inclusion in the continent who want to make their voices heard.
– Argumentative Essay: Share an essay of not more than 1500 words on the topic: Are the Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion ?.
– In the essay, take a stand for either FOR or AGAINST.
– A total of 8 candidates will be selected and divided into two groups of 4 each ( FOR and AGAINST ) to prepare for the virtual debate via zoom on Thursday, July 20th, 2022.
– Debate winners will be announced during PIN Anniversary Dinner on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022.
– 4 outstanding candidates will be selected, two from each team, to compete at the grand finale.
3rd Round / Finale
– The debate finalists will win an all-expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe and a laptop set at the PIN Festival slated on October 10th – 14th.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25;
- The competition is open to only Africans who currently reside in Africa;
- The essay should not be more than 1500 words.
How to Apply PINat15 Competition 2022
Essay Topic: Are Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion?
Please take note of the following rules:
– Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25
– The competition is open to only Africans who currently reside in Africa.
– The essay should not be more than 1500 words.
Deadline: June 30th 2022.