Barbro Klein Fellowship 2023/24 at Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study: Applications are open for the Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme 2023/2024. The Fellowship is a newly launched research programme, which intends to advance the study of cultural diversity in a global perspective.
The programme gives fellows the opportunity to concentrate on their own research interests, free from the teaching and administrative obligations of ordinary university life.
Fellows are, however, expected to be active members of the scholarly community of the Collegium and to participate in seminars and academic events beyond their own fields of specialization.
Scholars may apply for a full academic year or one semester. The academic year runs from the beginning of September to mid-June.
The autumn semester starts at the beginning of September and ends in mid-December. The spring semester begins in early January and ends in mid-June.
- Fellows receive a monthly salary. Applicants may want to consider seeking additional financial support from other sources, such as sabbatical leave.
- The Collegium will provide and pay for accommodation for fellows who do not live in the Stockholm–Uppsala region.
Barbro Klein Fellowship Eligibility
- Open to scholars from across disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, with an emphasis on research on cultural and social diversity, cultural heritage and creativity, societal structures and public resistance, and varieties of cultural expressions in local and global perspective.
- The fellowship programme encourages, but is not limited to, applications from talented younger scholars in non-Western countries and of underrepresented gender.
- At the time of application, the candidate must have held a PhD (or equivalent degree) for at least three years.
- The application must have a promising track record of independent achievements beyond the post-doctoral level, including significant publications, and be active in international fora.
- As an applicant, you are not required to hold a university position at the time of application.
How to Apply Barbro Klein Fellowship
The deadline for application for the academic year 2023/24 is July 1, 2022 (23:59 CET).
Apply through the Varbi application system, fill in the online form and submit as PDF-files the following required application documents:
- A Curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum)
- A description of your intended research project (5 to 10 pages)
- A list of publications
- Three articles (or chapters in an edited book, or chapters from a monograph by the applicant) and a brief rationale for selecting the works (100 words maximum per work)
- (Optional) up to 3 letters of reference (Please note that letters of reference must be uploaded by the candidate by the application deadline. It is not possible for referees to upload references into the online application system or send them to SCAS.)
Deadline: July 1, 2022