Furthermore, the authorities of the NSCDC had complained that the 2020 budgetary provision for the corps could only accommodate 5,000 new employees as against the 10,000 earlier proposed by the government.
Meanwhile, Nigeria’s federal lawmakers in the Senate have insisted that the proposed recruitment of 10,000 Nigerians into the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) would go on despite limited funds.
Despite its complaint to the National Assembly joint committee on interior, during the corps’ budget defence session held on Monday in Abuja.
However, the chairman of the committee, Senator Kassim Shettima, said, “The only way we can come in is to see how we can tinker with their budget to see that 10,000 Nigerians are actually employed.”
Shettima, commending the NSCDC, added, “The civil defence complements the efforts of the Nigeria Police Force and other sister security agencies. I was opportune to govern a state and I can assure you that the civil defence in Borno State is giving the police a run for their money.”
- NDLEA Confirmation Slip Printing Procedure
- How to Check NECO Result 2019
- NDLEA Cover Letter
- How to Print NSCDC Referee Form
- NSCDC Recruitment
According to the NSCDC, approval was given by the government to recruit 10,000 Nigerians into the corps but 2.5 million applications were received from young Nigerians.
The corps further stated that only 1.5 million of the applicants are eligible for the recruitment to fill the 10,000 slots.
Hot Nigerian Jobs Online:
- DM Holdings Limited Recruitment
- SEPBRAV Technology International Recruitment
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment
- Imo State Water Corporation Recruitment
- Lagos State University Academic Recruitment
- World Bank Group Recruitment
- Ekiti State Teaching Service Commission Recruitment
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment
- Gombe State College of Legal and Islamic Studies Nafada Recruitment 2019
Commandant General of the NSCDC, Abdul Gana Mohammed, also confirmed that only 1,000 slots are available for the officers cadre of the recruitment, while the remaining slots are for the rank and file.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.