FG To Pay Private School Teachers Who Have Been Owed Since Lockdown: The Federal government has agreed to pay salaries to private school teachers who have been owned since the beginning of the lockdown in the country.
Following lack of payment of salaries by employers, a number of private school teachers have come out to cry for help as they have not been paid by their management since March when schools were shut down due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
School management have insisted that they made no money during the lock down, and as a result, there would be no salaries.
However, the President of the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools, Yomi Otubela, has no that the FG has now agreed to pay salaries.
Otubela spoke on TVC yesterday, noting that the association had submitted a proposal to the Economic Sustainability Committee currently being headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
He said in the proposal, they pleaded with the government to pay the salaries of the private school owners.
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2020 – http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng
- Oyo TESCOM Oral Interview Schedule for Non-Teaching Staff
- How to Access CBN Healthcare Research and Development Grants
- CBN N50bn COVID-19 Support Loan for Households and Businesses
- Maltina Teacher of the Year Competition 2020 & How to Apply
- www.policerecruitment.gov.ng 2020 – NPF Recruitment Portal Login
- How to Apply N-Power Recruitment 2020 Application Form for Nigerians
- Nigerian Airforce Registration Portal 2020 – www.airforce.mil.ng
- Oyo TESCOM Existing Applicants To Upload Their Credentials Portal
He said in reaction, the Federal Executive Council has approved the proposal.
”We have written to the Federal government to understand that these teachers are teaching Nigerian children and that they need to keep them and their families together during the lockdown.
So the Federal government has listened to our request. We requested that the teachers salaries in private schools should be taken over by the government during the months of the lockdown. We also requested for a single digit loan for private schools to cushion the effect of the COVID19. We requested for support for schools that have existing loans, that they (FG) should liase on our behalf with the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN and CBN will liase with commercial banks and other financial institutions to ensure that they give them soft landing in terms of moratorium to repay and deduction in the interest loan.
The Federal government has approved that they will take over the payment of teachers salaries.
The proposal was sent to the Economic Sustainability Committee headed by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and it was approved by the Federal Executive Council.
We are already talking to them to know the modalities for the disbursement.