Government of the Canary Islands Learn Africa Canarias Program 2022: The Government of the Canary Islands is collaborating with Department of Economy, Knowledge and Employment and Women for Africa Foundation is offering second year online scholarship program – ‘2022 Learn Africa Canarias Program’ for women in Africa.
The online scholarship program with the aim of offering new learning opportunities to African women and, especially, to Spanish-speakers or with a high level of Spanish, since most of the studies are taught in this language.
READ ALSO: UN Volunteer Jobs Online 2022 | Apply Jobs at UNV
Government of the Canary Islands Learn Africa Canarias Program 2022.
With the support of the Department of Economy, Knowledge and Employment of the Government of the Canary Islands, the Women for Africa Foundation is launching, for the second year, an online scholarship program with the aim of offering new learning opportunities to African women and, especially, to Spanish-speakers or with a high level of Spanish, since most of the studies are taught in this language.
RELATED: YouTube Black Voices Fund Class of 2023 for Black Creators
All of them will be taken online and will be delivered between August and December 2022.
Places are limited, so only one application per person is allowed. Hurry up and don’t run out of your scholarship!
2022 Learn Africa Canarias Program
Through this call, language courses, short university courses and specialized courses are offered. Remember that all of them will be taken online. Bear in mind that a high level of the language in which the courses are taught (Spanish, English or French) is required. All of them will be taken online and will be delivered between August and December 2022.
The 2022 call includes a wide variety of courses in different subjects, including language courses, short university courses and specialized courses designed by the Universities of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and La Laguna, and their foundations, Fundación Canaria Universitaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas and Fundación Canaria General of the University of La Laguna, as well as by the Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC).
Eligibility Criteria & General Requirements.
To be eligible for Government of the Canary Islands 2022 Learn Africa Canarias Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. The degree required may vary depending on the scholarship requested (see detailed information of each scholarship).
- Have a stable internet connection and the appropriate technical equipment (computer, laptop, tablet …). All courses are online.
- Fulfill the specific requirements and have the technical/technological material required for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Only one application per person will be allowed.
See Also: 2022/2023 University of Oxford Executive Diploma Scholarships for Women
How to Apply Learn Africa Canarias Program
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
To apply for Learn Africa Canarias scholarships you NEED to register on the platform. The procedure to register is the same as in previous editions, below you can find an explanatory video. If you are already registered, you can use the same username.
Have a look at the available scholarships and click on the button “Apply”. A form will be shown and you will have to fill in all your details and attach the requested documents. We suggest you read the form in detail and have all the information/documents prepared before completing it. In the form, you must select a single course.
Important: before submitting your application form, please check all the information you input. Once the application has been submitted, it CANNOT be further modified.
RECOMMENDED: NECC Kaduna Post Basic Otorhinolaryngology Nursing Form 2022/2023
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity card/Passport
- Photo: .jpg format preferably.
- CV: Previous education, professional experience, languages spoken
- University Degree (as required)
- Academic Record
- Motivation letter
- You must describe your professional competences and personal motivation: the reasons to take the study program you are applying for, what you can offer to the programme and the host University, and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate. You must be able to instil the readers’ interest and convince them of your suitability for the scholarship.It must be addressed to the host University and must show your interest and reasons for obtaining it.The text has to have spacing (1.0) and normal margins.Size: only one sheet, on one side.
- The writing language must be the language of the scholarship you want to apply for.
- It must be short, concise and honest.
- It should reflect your personality, and provide details and interesting aspects about yourself that show that you are a suitable candidate.
- You must learn before hand about the host University. Show in your letter that you know well the institution and what it offers.
- The motivation letter is not a CV, it has to provide other information of interest. It is also a means to demonstrate your communicative skills.
- Official language level accreditation if required: You may attach it only if required by the scholarship you are applying for.
- Any document specifically required by the scholarship
A committee of evaluators from the “Women for Africa Foundation” and the Canarias Islands Government will conduct a first evaluation of all the applications on the basis of the documents received.
Specifically, the following documents will be taken into account:
- Motivation letter
The final selection will be agreed upon with each of the partner universities and the results will be personally communicated to each of the selected candidates.
The final outcome will not be personally communicated to unsuccessful candidates.
Once the selected candidates have been informed, they will have seven working days to accept the scholarship. Failure to express acceptance within the established period implies the loss of the scholarship and its reassignment to the next candidate according to the order established in the selection process.
Once the online studies have been completed, beneficiaries agree to:
- Provide the Women for Africa Foundation a brief report on their academic and personal experience.
- Fill in a survey so that the Women for Africa Foundation can carry out an evaluation of the scholarship programme results and, where appropriate, introduce modifications and improvements to it.
- Beneficiaries will become part of the Learn Africa program alumnae network and will be invited to participate in follow-up, exchange and training activities (mentoring, coaching, peer support, etc.) that will be organized through an online platform designed for this purpose.
- The Women for Africa Foundation and the partner universities may make total or partial use of the content included in the reports delivered by beneficiaries upon completion of their scholarships, either on their website or in any of their publications. In this regard, the Women for Africa Foundation may mention the name of the report’s author.
<h4Scholarship Coverage and Requirements
- These online scholarships cover registration, tuition fees and certificate issuance costs.
- You must have a properly configured computer equipment and operating system to follow the online course, including Internet connection, web browser, operating system, desktop applications, webcam, Zoom/Microsoft Teams applications, etc.
- In order to know the language of the course you want to apply for, it is important that you read carefully the information shown in the description of the course you are interested in. Before applying, make sure you are aware of all the language and additional requirements.
- For those courses delivered in Spanish, a high level is required. This level will be proved through the presentation of a recognized language diploma/certificate, or through a telephone interview with the University.
- The beneficiary agrees to present a duly certified and translated copy of her university degree to the Spanish university (when required). If you are selected, we recommend starting this administrative process immediately after you accept the scholarship.
The registration period will remain open from 22/06/2022 until 03/07/2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Madrid).
Only applications submitted through the website will be accepted.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022