Nigeria Computer Society Scholarship 2022 for Undergraduates, Master’s & Ph.D: The Scholarship is introduced by the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) in a way of giving back to the Society and supporting educational and research development. Scholarships are the best and most effective ways for intelligent students to be granted the opportunity to realize their dreams of a quality and sustainable education.
This fund will be used to provide educational scholarships as well as support for high impact research. It will increase IT education and research achievement in the country and provide many who are presently excluded with the ability to seize IT education and research opportunities and fulfill their potentials.
Human capital in Information Technology is a top priority for the nation because Nigeria needs people in sufficient numbers with such appropriate expertise to survive and thrive in the knowledge economy.
Through this fund NCS shows exceptional commitment to the sustainable national development of Nigeria by significantly increasing opportunities for Information Technology education and research attainment nationwide.
- Support and promote Computing/ Information Technology Education in Nigeria
- Assist in developing the needed manpower for the technological advancement of the nation
Nigeria Computer Society Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria.
Members of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) and Nigerian Association of Computing Students (NACOS) at the undergraduate and post graduate levels.
- 5 Ph.D Students
- 10 Master’s Degree Students
- 20 Undergraduates Students
How to Apply for Nigeria Computer Society Scholarship.
Specifics for Undergraduates (BSc.):
The completed form must be accompanied with the following documents:
- Admission letter
- Recommendation letter from HOD, duly stamped and signed
- Evidence of membership of NACOS
- Duly signed and stamped academic results of last two semesters
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA)
Specifics for Postgraduates (Ph.D & M.Sc):
- Admission letter
- A 2-page proposal (ONLY required for postgraduate awards and research grant).
- Two recommendation letters from the institution or organization, duly signed and stamped (HOD, Dean, Vice-Chancellor, Rector, Manager, Director, Project Supervisor etc.)
- Proposed budget
- Duly signed past academic results
- Duly signed academic certificates
- NYSC discharge certificate
- A yearly progress report for renewal of award
- Evidence of past activities with local chapters and National for Conferences and workshop attendance.
- A letter of recommendation from the NCS Chapter which the applicant belongs to show the level of involvement with the society
NCS Scholarship 2022 Selection Guidelines.
- The scholarship is awarded to undergraduates and postgraduates (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) in all fields of Computer Science and Information Technology (i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, etc.
- A minimum of Second-Class Upper is required
- The Award/Grant is expected to be channeled towards tuition, accommodation, books, and research materials
- The Scholarship/Awards/Grant is based on your activities/visibility at local chapter and national levels of the Society.
- The Award is a onetime opportunity during a course of study.
- The scholarship amount is paid twice in two consecutive years subject to satisfactory academic performance
- Registered and financially up to date NCS members are eligible to benefit from the fund.
- Other conditions as may be determined by NCS from time-to-time
- All applications are screened by Education and Manpower Development Committee of Nigeria Computer Society.
- Candidates are evaluated based on their needs and past academic performances
- The NCS Scholarship does not discriminate on the basis of religion, origin, gender, age, physical or mental disability.
- Bond free
- Selection of qualified candidates is also done by the committee
- The decision of the National Executive Council of the NCS is final.
ITEMS THAT MUST BE PROVIDED BY SELECTED APPLICANTS
- Name of Student
- Name of Institution
- Course of Study
- Matriculation number
- Current level and academic session
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA)
- A copy of signed and stamped verification letter from the respective institution confirming the details stated above for each student.
2022 Application Closing Date: May 31, 2022.
For More information, contact:
National Secretariat (Head Quarters):
Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way
Central Business District
(Behind MKO Abiola Gardens)
Lagos State, Nigeria
- NOUN GST302 Business Plan Template Download (PDF)
- NOUN GST302 Business Creation and Growth – Write up & Presentation
- NOUN 11th Virtual Convocation Ceremony
- NOUN eLearn Portal Login elearn.nouedu2.net | Reset Password
- Meet Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere NOUN Best Graduating Student
- List Of Students Expunged From NOUN Graduation List 2022
- National Open University Nigeria (NOUN) IT/SIWES Procedures
- NOUN SIWES Courses From The Faculties And Their Codes
- How To Submit IT/SIWES Records On NOUN Mylearningspace
- University of Kent MA Degree Scholarships 2022/2023
- BASUG Admission List 2021/2022 | 1st & 2nd Batch
- NSUK 6th Combined Convocation Ceremony Programme of Event 2022
- NSUK Gowns Collection and Book of Proceedings for 6th Convocation
- Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria Screening/Documentation
- Top 7 Government Scholarships For International Students 2022/2023
- NEXIT Training Information For FCT Abuja and Nasarawa States
- Einstein Fellowship For Outstanding Young Thinkers 2022-2023
- United Bank for Africa (UBA) Recruitment in March 2022
- University of Exeter Scholarships, Funding for Taught Masters & Research Programmes
- Anderson University International Student Financial Info 2022-2023