Ohio State University International Research and Scholarship Grant: The Offices of International Affairs, Research, Student Academic Success and the Global Gateways are sponsoring a grant competition for graduate students.
Student activities are subject to university requirements regarding travel to risk-designated countries. Read Ohio State’s travel policies and requirements.
Ohio State University International Research and Scholarship Grant.
Proposals are sought for a wide range of research and scholarship projects, which include but are not limited to:
- Conducting international research and creative expression at home and abroad
- Addressing global issues in a regional context, including those in the Global South (broadly the regions of Latin America, Asia, Africa and Oceania)
- Advancing new global-oriented knowledge in disciplinary and/or interdisciplinary contexts
- Implementing projects and programs in the global south and in diverse cultural settings
- Exploring area studies, research and scholarship on any geographical or cultural region
- Developing and testing global education that enhances equity, diversity and inclusion
The proposals are evaluated by a committee from across a variety of disciplines, so they should be accessible to non-specialists. Awards are based on merit, according to the following criteria:
- Implementing the research or scholarly project within time and budget proposed
- Quality of project within its context
- Appropriateness of proposed budget
Proposals can request funds to support, among other things:
- Research project expenses (e.g. acquiring data, supplies, materials)
- Development thesis, manuscripts, and publications
- Costs for development and hosting of a conference, workshop, speaker series (professional conference travel is not eligible under this award)
Top 7 Government Scholarships For International Students 2022/2023
How to Apply for Ohio State University International Research and Scholarship Grant
Proposal Preparation and Submission
Please include the title of project without the name of applicant(s) as this is a blind review.
- Abstract not exceeding 300 words
- Narrative not exceeding five pages, double spaced, 12 pt. (excluding references)
- Budget – including cost sharing, departmental stipend, or other course development resources
- A short resume, not to exceed one page
- A one page letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor
- Submit Application Materials
Stipends will range from $1,000 to $5,000 funds to be transferred to the recipient’s unit after June 30, 2022.
The recipients sign the policy governing the funds, which includes:
- Following Ohio State’s travel policies and requirements.
- Acknowledging support on any publications
- Reporting on project outcomes within a year
- Proposals due: March 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notifications to Applicants: April 18, 2022
- Commitment replies due: April 25, 2022
Sample Application Link (for reference only)
Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.