Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022: If you were made for film then we want you! Ignite Africa’s creative industries by applying for a full year of sponsored training with film industry professionals.
Registration is easy! Simply click enter below and register your application by completing all the required fields and uploading the necessary documents.
Table of Contents
- 1 Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022.
- 2 Entry Criteria for Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022.
- 3 How to apply Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022
- 4 About the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF).
If you frame your world through camera angles, narrate reality like a movie script, and edit the montage of your life like a film director, then here’s a flash-forward into your future – MultiChoice Africa is calling all aspiring film directors, DOPs, sound guys, and scriptwriters to help us ignite Africa’s creative industries. Who knows, perhaps one day your name will be rolling across the closing credits on our DStv channels.
In May 2022, on the occasion of Africa Month, we’re launching a call to entry for the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) Academy class of 2023. We’re recruiting aspiring African talent – that’s you – to gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in cinematography, film editing, audio production and storytelling. Sixty talented students from 13 African countries will get the chance to hone their film and television production skills alongside industry greats. This year-long, funded, programme will be supported by MultiChoice Talent Factory academies hosted in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia. Students will create quality local content that will be broadcast on our local M-Net channels on the MultiChoice platform.
MultiChoice Talent Factory graduates will also get to showcase their portfolio of work on the MTF Portal – a database for film professionals across the continent, where they can access job opportunities, keep up to date with industry news, and expand their network.
At MultiChoice Africa, the African entertainment industry is at the core of who we are and what we do. This social investment programme shows our commitment – alongside long-term partnerships with government, stakeholders and creative organisations – to develop Africa’s creative industries into vibrant, economic centres. This is how MultiChoice uses the power of entertainment to enrich lives.
You May Also Like:
- NYSC Registration Procedure For NOUN Graduates [Step-by-Step Guide]
- NOUN Registration Guideline For All Students
- How to Pay NOUN Convocation & Registration Fee | Graduating Students
- NOUN Portal Registration Procedure For New & Returning Students
- Apply Jobs at National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- NOUN School Fees For New and Returning Undergraduate & PG Students
- Noun Computer Science Course Outline and Fees
- National Open University Part-Payment Of School Fee
Entry Criteria for Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022.
MultiChoice is inviting eligible applicants to apply for the MultiChoice Talent Factory film skills development programme. The MTF Academy offers eligible applicants who are passionate about telling their own stories a unique opportunity to improve their skills and ultimately contribute to the growth of the local and pan African film and broadcasting industries.
The MTF Academy initiative will operate in Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Nairobi, Republic of Kenya and Lusaka, Republic of Zambia for 12 months, with a production break to be determined by MultiChoice at its sole discretion
In this document, the following terms shall have the definitions set out below:
- “Closing Date and Time” means 17h00 on 3rd of June 2022;
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights, title and interest in and to past and future copyright, patents, production rights, performance rights, rights in and to scripts, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, databases, graphics, icons, semi-conductor topography, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not), goodwill and all other intellectual property as may exist anywhere in the world;
- “MTF Academy” means the MultiChoice Talent Factory skills development programme;
- “MultiChoice” or “us” means MultiChoice group of companies, including our partners, promoters and sponsors and any other person involved with the MTF Academy;
- “Production” means “production” as the term is generally understood in the film and entertainment industry including, without limitation, scripting, cinematography, sound, editing, set design, directing and casting; and
- “Works” means any story outlines, treatments and scripts or other outputs produced during the course of each participant’s participation in the MTF Academy.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in writing by MultiChoice, the MTF Academy is not open to:
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of MultiChoice;
- the spouses, life partners, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in clause 4.1.1 above; and
- a permanent resident residing in any of the countries specified in 4.3.2 below.
To be eligible to participate in the MTF Academy, applicants must:
- have a qualification from a registered and/or recognised post-secondary education institution as set out in clause 4.3.5 below; and/or
- have experience in the film industry.
Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- be between 18-30 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
Applicants with relevant experience
Applicants who have experience in the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry and who do not hold a qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary institution will be considered for admission to the MTF Academy if they:
- meet the requirements stipulated in clauses 4.3.1 to 4.3.4 above;
- have the highest secondary school qualification as recognised in the countries where they completed their secondary education;
- not more than 2 years’ work experience in the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment fields;
- are able to demonstrate knowledge and passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment fields as indicated in clause 3.4; and
- possess the foundational technical skills in the fundamentals of Production as determined by MultiChoice in its sole discretion.
How to apply Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022
The MultiChoice Talent Factory is an Africa-wide, multi-tiered training and experiential learning programme by MultiChoice Africa. It is designed to provide the African creative industry with a platform to learn, develop talent, engage and connect with each other through shared passions.
If you are driven, committed to developing your skills and interested in participating in the MTF Academy and meet the eligibility criteria set out in either clauses 4.2, 4.3 or clause 4.4, then:
- you must register on the MTF Academy website at multichoicetalentfactory.com;
- correctly and fully complete the online application form;
- an online a motivation letter; and
- collate and electronically submit all of the relevant supporting documents listed below:
- your curriculum vitae; including contactable references
- certified copy of academic transcripts or certificate from a tertiary institution; and/or
- You may also be required to provide references or any other documents that MultiChoice may stipulate.
Your application must be submitted online by no later than the Closing Date and Time.
About the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF).
The African continent is steeped in a rich and diverse history of living passionately through language, art, music and colourful storytelling. As the continent continues to change rapidly, the entertainment industry has become ever more relevant. MultiChoice Africa has identified an opportunity in this fast changing environment – one that will leave a lasting impact on the creative industry as a whole
In 2018, the company established the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF), a social investment initiative aimed at igniting Africa’s creative industries and growing them into vibrant, economic powerhouses. As a business born and bred in Africa, we have a long term commitment to making a socio-economic difference and creating shared value in the countries in which we operate. As such, we launched the MTF to positively impact the technical and professional value chain in the film and television industry across the continent. Established in partnership with stakeholders across the continent, MTF aims at providing the creative industries with a platform to learn and develop their talent, engage and connect with each other through their shared passions across three touchpoints which include the MTF Academy.
The MTF Academy is a tailored 12-month training programme facilitated at regional academies based in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia, headed by industry experts as Academy Directors. Working hand-in-hand with local creative organisations, regulatory and government partners across the continent, MultiChoice uses its people, facilities and network to provide young emerging filmmakers with the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications to help the MTF graduates launch a successful career within the creative industry. Through the MTF, MultiChoice Africa will cement its commitment to enriching lives by developing the art of inspired local storytelling and story making while simultaneously growing local content on our DStv, GOtv and Showmax platforms and ultimately continue showcasing Africa’s rich cultural heritage and diversity across our local channels including SuperSport, M-Net, Africa Magic, Akwaaba Magic, Abol TV, Maisha Magic East, Maisha Magic Bongo, Maisha Magic Plus, One-Zed, Pearl Magic, Pearl Magic Prime, and Zambezi Magic.
Terms and conditions for applying Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022.
- By applying to participate in the MTF Academy, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- it is your responsibility to ensure that the completed entry form together with all the relevant supporting documents are submitted online to the MTF Academy portal by the Closing Date. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any electronic or other failure that results in your application not reaching us before the Closing Date;
- you consent to your data being processed and/or shared across borders by MultiChoice for purposes of the skills development programme and acknowledge the possible risks of your data being processed and/or shared;
- any costs or expenses which you may incur in obtaining the entry form and submitting your application and/or attending an interview, including but not limited to transport costs, airtime or data usage are for your personal cost;
- for the duration of your participation in the MTF Academy, you will be responsible to secure a place of residence and disclose such details to MultiChoice;
- MultiChoice will not consider late applications, regardless of the reason for the late submission;
- MultiChoice will not consider incomplete application forms including the application forms that are not accompanied by all the requisite supporting documents;
- it is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, true, complete and up to date;
- you agree to MultiChoice conducting a criminal record check and confirming your qualifications previous education and/or experience;
- MultiChoice may ask you to provide it with such additional information and documentation as it may reasonably require in order to consider your application. If you refuse to provide this information within the timeframes provided, this may negatively affect your application;
- if you are shortlisted, you will be required to attend an interview at your own cost at a location which will be determined by MultiChoice. The interview will be either face-to-face, telephone or via video depending on logistical factors; and
- MultiChoice’s decision in the selection of successful applicants is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No quotas or the like will apply in the selection process.
- MultiChoice reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, expand, limit, cancel and/or terminate the MTF Academy, or any aspects thereof, at any time, for any reason whatsoever, upon notice to you. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension, expansion, limitation, cancellation and/or termination, we will endeavour to provide you with as much prior notice as possible and you agree to waive any rights that you have and acknowledge that you will have no recourse whatsoever against MultiChoice.
- MultiChoice does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, that:
- you will be shortlisted or proceed to any particular stage of the selection process;
- any production that you work on will be broadcast; and/or
- you will be employed by MultiChoice or any other entity on completion of your skills development programme.
- On successful completion of the MTF Academy, you will be awarded an accredited qualification by a local institution in Nigeria, Kenya or Zambia depending on where you attend the MTF Academy.
- Should you wish to terminate or stop attending the MTF Academy at any time for whatever reason, you will not qualify for any benefits under the MTF Academy or the agreement and you will not be awarded a qualification.
Additional conditions applicable to successful applicants
- shall be required to be in possession of a valid passport;
- shall be required to participate in the MTF Academy and enter into an agreement for the 12-month academic and skills development programme at a location as advised by MultiChoice;
- agree to be bound by, and comply with, the terms and conditions of the skills development agreement and any production or other agreements that may be required to be concluded from time to time, and any rules, policies, code of conduct or other regulations applicable in relation to the MTF Academy;
- must be willing to relocate to Lagos, Lusaka or Nairobi (as the case may be) for the full 12-month period of the MTF Academy programme;
- may not be employed elsewhere for the duration of the MTF Academy programme. For the avoidance of doubt, a successful applicant must not be a party to any oral and/or written agreement (as the case may) that has, or may have, a negative or adverse impact on his/her involvement with, or participation in, the MTF Academy;
- must accept and sign a waiver and indemnity and such other form(s), documents and/or agreements as may be required by MultiChoice from time to time;
- must, on the commencement date of the skills development programme, possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to attend the MTF Academy, including holding a valid passport and meeting the VISA or immigration requirements of the various country authorities for the duration of their participation in the MTF Academy;
- must be willing to work under pressure, and accommodate the irregular hours often demanded by the media industry;
- provides for a psychometric evaluation;
- must successfully complete the relevant skills development programme, including all assessments, to meet the minimum requirements of the relevant qualification offered through the MTF Academy; and
- must be willing to assign to MultiChoice or any third party nominated by MultiChoice, all Intellectual Property Rights in and to any Work, idea, or any part thereof, created and/or developed by them during the course of the MTF Academy programme, and to waive all rights arising under any laws relating to copyright, patents, trademarks or other Intellectual Property Rights. In this regard, successful applicants acknowledge that the ownership of the copyright, for the duration of the copyright and any renewals thereof, in and to the Works and the production of the cinematographic films and ancillary rights, shall vest exclusively in MultiChoice. Accordingly, MultiChoice will have the right to exhibit, distribute and exploit the production via all forms of television, however delivered now or in the future and to any device.