UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021: The Federal Government and UNDP have announce the Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Programme to help 20,000 graduates in their post-COVID-19 job search.
The target of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is to place 20,000 highly skilled Nigerian youth in private and public sector organisations spanning various types, sizes and industries across the country.
- 1 UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021.
- 2 About the Award : UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme.
- 3 Type
- 4 UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme Eligibility Criteria.
- 5 Eligible Country
- 6 Number of Awards
- 7 Value of Award
- 8 Why NJFP? Benefits to your organisation’s participation:
- 9 Duration of Award
- 10 How to Apply for UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021.
The programme to be launched soon by President Buhari, will place young Nigerians in private and public sector organisations across the country.
Rising unemployment and the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic are just two factors that are affecting the ability of graduates in Nigeria to find work. In response, the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Office of the Vice President and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announced an initiative yesterday that will match 20,000 highly skilled graduates with yearlong job placements in public and private sectors, across multiple industries.
In attendance at the official announcement was the Vice President of Nigeria, His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, who said His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari would soon formally launch the initiative.
- University of Bayreuth Doctoral Research Scholarship 2021/2022
- University of Western Australia Global Excellence Scholarship 2021/2022
- JAMB UTME Mock Result Checker 2021 – portal.jamb.gov.ng
- Federal Poly Offa Registration Deadline 2020/2021
- UNDIP Scholarship for Masters Studies 2021/2022 (Fully-funded)
- City University of Hong Kong Entrance Scholarships 2021/2022
- Npower Batch C Monitors Gets Engagement Letters & Tablets
- CBN Creative Industry Financing Initiative (CIFI) Loan Registration Portal
- JAMB Reprint 2021/2022 – How to Re-Print JAMB UTME Slip on Portal
Other top government officials include the Honourable Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, His Excellency, Mr. Otunba Richard Adeniyi Adebayo CON, Head of the EU Delegation to Nigeria and ECOWAS, His Excellency, Amb. Ketil Karlsen, Resident Humanitarian Coordinator, UN in Nigeria, Mr. Edward Kallon and the UNDP Resident Representative, Mr. Mohamad Yahya, attended the announcement of the programme in Abuja.
According to one 2019 estimate, about 25 million graduates remain unemployed across the country. The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme(NJFP) aims to bridge this gap between young, talented Nigerians, and local opportunities that will help them to succeed as they begin their career.
In his remarks, the Vice President stated “We absolutely must create good-paying jobs and employment opportunities for our young people, for those already in the labour market today and the ones who will join tomorrow. This is a task that is complicated by numerous employability issues including the mismatch between skills and the good jobs available. The most obvious examples are new skill sets required in commerce, industry, services and the professions especially those brought about by the digital economy.”
“The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme, for which we are here today, is important especially as it fits into some of the efforts we are making as a government, some of the initiatives of the administration to comprehensively address youth unemployment.”
The NJFP is a 12-month fully paid programme designed to enhance graduates’ employability; build leadership, entrepreneurial and on-the-job skills; and expose them to real-world business environments. Graduates are able to better understand the needs, challenges and realities that companies face, and learn how best to address them. The long-term goal would be for the Fellows to feel that they are playing a meaningful part in growing the private and public sector landscape, helping to shape the future of Nigeria.
Meanwhile, participating companies are connected directly to graduates to find the best young talent that Nigeria offers. Once matched, they are able to welcome a talented and skilled young person to their team for a year, with salary covered by the programme.
Head of the EU Delegation to Nigeria and ECOWAS, His Excellency, Amb. Ketil Karlsen noted that the programme is a timely development, “The importance of youth must never be underestimated. The Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Programme is exactly the sort of bold initiative needed to give thousands of youth new opportunities”.
This fellowship is designed to help fresh NYSC graduates with zero work experience, who often find it challenging to break into the professional world.
“This programme helps graduates get a boost in a changing post-COVID job landscape” said UNDP Resident Representative Mohamed Yahya. “The pandemic has upended our lives in many ways and made it even more difficult for young graduates entering the job market. By creating a channel between graduates and companies, we are helping to connect talented young Nigerians with local opportunities that apply their expertise, while equipping them with world-class practical knowledge”.
About the Award : UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme.
Chances are we’ve all been there – fresh graduate with little work experience, starting at the bottom of the corporate ladder. The one thing that resonates with most leaders and mid-level executives’ years down the line is their wish for support at the start of their careers – a little push to get one foot in the door, or help them to master the ropes.
In Nigeria, a country still recovering from an economic recession and the multisector impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s even harder to match accessible talent with entry-level roles. The Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between young graduates and organisations human resource demands on the job market by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
The NJFP is a youth empowerment partnership initiative championed by the Federal Government of Nigeria to mitigate the development impact of rising national unemployment and underemployment rates. The Fellowship is supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other partners.
UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme Eligibility Criteria.
The programme targets a broad range of sectors including the start-up economy, innovation and creative industries, the digital and technology sector, the green economy sector, financial services, key public and international development institutions, research and development, agriculture, real estate, construction, transportation, and health services. In other words, there is a place for every organisation in this programme.
Number of Awards
Value of Award
Fellows will receive a monthly stipend. This will be covered by the NJFP for the first year.
Why NJFP? Benefits to your organisation’s participation:
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
Duration of Award
A 12-month fully paid programme designed to enhance their employability, building leadership competencies and transferring on-the-job skills.
How to Apply for UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021.
Interested candidates should visit the UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme online application form portal via the link below to apply.
Alison Clement, Acting Head of Communications, UNDP Nigeria| email@example.com
Jude Zoho, Media Assistant, Office of the Vice President | firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Not specified