Applying for Admission Into US Colleges for International Students: Applying for admission into a United States’ institution of higher learning as an international student entails that an applicant inquire and have an in-depth understanding of the requirements so as to overcome the hurdles that seem to present itself. This article aims to inform potential candidates whose passion and dreams is to study in USA.
It is worthy of note to mention here that each United States’ university or college has its own sets of requirements for admission into its programs. Therefore, intending students must pay great attention to these requirements and be sure to meet them.
Most schools in the USA encourage prospective students who wish to study in USA to contact their admissions office at least one year before planning to apply for admission. This is necessary in order for the students to source for and obtain all the requirements so as to meet the admission deadlines.
Prospective international students are to follow the steps outlined below as they apply for admission into U.S. colleges and universities:
Contact Prospective Schools
It quite very important for international students seeking admissions into U.S. colleges and universities to contact their schools of choice. You are to contact the school for an application form and more information regarding admission as an international student. If you wish to apply for a graduate program, ensure to verify the admission requirements with the graduate school of the university.
Provide the needed Test Scores
United States universities and colleges are known to usually base their admissions decisions on a student’s academic record and applicable test scores including TOEFL, the SAT or ACT. For a postgraduate candidate, additional exam scores such as the GRE or GMAT, will be required. Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements of the test scores so as to stand a chance of being admitted into your program of choice. Prospective students will be required to show certification of English language proficiency which is usually a score from a recognized body as mentioned above.
Proof of Secondary School (High School) Completion
Applicants are usually required to send proof of completion of secondary schools which is usually 12 years of schooling to their university of choice in addition to other documents. This information will show the academic standing of the candidate which will also help the school assess the eligibility of candidates for admission into certain course.
Students are encouraged to check carefully well in advance whether a degree from their preferred institution will be recognized by their home country and any relevant professional associations and employers in their country. If you think you might want to transfer from one U.S. college to another during your undergraduate studies, or if you might want to pursue a graduate study in the United States, you should check carefully whether other U.S. universities will recognize credits and degrees from the colleges you are considering.
Some colleges and universities may require that you show proof that you will be able to support your education while in the United States of America. Therefore, your financial status or that of your sponsors should be convincing enough to pull your admission through.
Final Note on Applying for Admission Into US Colleges for International Students.
Applying for admission into a United States’ college entails that applicants will pay clear attention to details.
Therefore, applicants are to search for colleges and preferred courses, contact the schools and visit websites for proper information, take the required entrance exams such as ACT, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, IELTS. Applicants are to ensure that they apply to colleges which fits their interests.
- NOUN GST302 Business Plan Template Download (PDF)
- NOUN GST302 Business Creation and Growth – Write up & Presentation
- NOUN 11th Virtual Convocation Ceremony
- NOUN eLearn Portal Login elearn.nouedu2.net | Reset Password
- Meet Female Inmate, Okike Chinyere NOUN Best Graduating Student
- List Of Students Expunged From NOUN Graduation List 2022
- National Open University Nigeria (NOUN) IT/SIWES Procedures
- NOUN SIWES Courses From The Faculties And Their Codes
- How To Submit IT/SIWES Records On NOUN Mylearningspace
- University of Kent MA Degree Scholarships 2022/2023
- BASUG Admission List 2021/2022 | 1st & 2nd Batch
- NSUK 6th Combined Convocation Ceremony Programme of Event 2022
- NSUK Gowns Collection and Book of Proceedings for 6th Convocation
- Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria Screening/Documentation
- Top 7 Government Scholarships For International Students 2022/2023
- NEXIT Training Information For FCT Abuja and Nasarawa States
- Einstein Fellowship For Outstanding Young Thinkers 2022-2023
- United Bank for Africa (UBA) Recruitment in March 2022
- University of Exeter Scholarships, Funding for Taught Masters & Research Programmes
- Anderson University International Student Financial Info 2022-2023