United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) ICT Internship Programme 2020 : UNFPA ICT Internship Programme 2020 – The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for its 2020 Information and Computer Technology (ICT) Internship Programme. The purpose of the Internship programme is to provide students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to development issues and a first-hand experience with the day-to-day working environment of UNFPA.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development.
- 1 United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) ICT Internship Programme 2020.
- 2 Title: Internship Programme – Information and Computer Technology (ICT)
- 3 Organizational Setting
- 4 Objectives of the UNFPA ICT Internship Programme 2020.
- 5 Trending News Today.
- 6 How to Apply UNFPA ICT Internship Programme 2020.
- 7 Important Information / Notice
- JAMB 2020 Reprint Exam Slip Portal – www.jamb.org.ng/ExamSlipPrinting
- FirstBank Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form & How to Apply
- SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 & How to Apply
- JAMB Result 2020 – New Method of Checking Result www.jamb.org.ng
- Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) Recruitment 2020/2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Graduate Trainee Programme 2020 & How to Apply
Applications are invited for:
Job ID: 29477
Location: UNFPA Country Office, Abuja, Nigeria
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Contract Type: UNFPA Internship Programme, Information and Computer Technology (ICT)
Category: All Nationals are eligible to apply
How you can make a difference:
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Objectives of the UNFPA ICT Internship Programme 2020.
- The purpose of the Internship programme is to provide students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to development issues and a first-hand experience with the day-to-day working environment of UNFPA. The UNFPA Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
- Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
- iDocs is an Integrated Document Management Solution that will help the organization streamline internal document management processes and its intended to enable storage, search & retrieval, sharing, tracking, revision and distribution of documents and hence information and data they contain. It will also capture entire lifecycle of documents.
- We are required to scan all relevant documents and have these documents uploaded to the idocs server. These scanned documents are to be properly titled to enable easy search.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Creation of Folder on the Local server:
- Hierarchical Folder structure as presented by units to be created on the server
- Inventory of Documents:
- Take inventory of all documents to be scanned.
- Daily Sign out of folders
- Ensure documents are re filed properly
- Scan all documents with proper title and Meta data.
- Save scanned files to appropriate folders on the file structure
- Upload to iDocs filing structure
- Prepare Inventory list of all documents scanned and uploaded
- Document lesson learned
- Desk support:
- Support with troubleshoot of LAN, and Computer issues
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Documentation of all files and folders uploaded
- All documents uploaded
- Properly titled documents
- Easy search of documents
- Institutionalized and staff fully trained
- Exit strategy training of registry clerk.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants to the UNFPA internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme within Information and Computer Technology – ICT (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this programme.
The Intern should have the following skills:
- Certification in Microsoft, A+ hardware, Web design, Oracle PL/SQL, Programming in HTML and CSS will be an added advantage
- Server management skills
- Ability to operate a computer system
- Ability to operate office equipment’s especially a digital scanner.
- Ability to communicate and work as a team
- Analytical skills
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change.
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact.
Financial Aspects of Internship
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the students themselves or by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students. Students will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements. In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNFPA for their work but may receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station, when not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship programme. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and other living expenses must be borne by either the intern or the intern’s sponsoring institution.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2020.
Trending News Today.
- Download Civil Defence Past Questions & Answers PDF
- Download PDF: Civil Defence Shortlisted Candidates
- How To Apply CBN AGSMEIS Loan 2020/2021 & Requirements
- CDFIPB Application Number Retrieval Process 2020 [NSCDC Recruitment]
- How to Update Profile on Civil Defence Portal 2020 – cdfipb.careers
- Nigerian Navy 2020 Massive Recruitment Commences [How to Apply]
- Federal Ministry of Transportation Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment Form Portal 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- Flour Mills Plc Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- osun.csm.ng – Osun State Teachers Recruitment Portal 2020/2021
- Civil Defence Second Phase of Recruitment Process Latest News Update
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020/2021 – nnrcportal.azurewebsites.net
- CBNCPP.org Recruitment Portal Closing Date 2020/2021 – Apply Here
- CBN Recruitment 2020/2021 Form Portal – www.cbncpp.org
- CBN MSMEDF Loan 2020/2021 Application Guide – Apply Without Collateral
- IVVN Mentoring Fellowship Programme 2020 for Female Scientists
- Global Recycling Foundation RecyclingHeroes Contest 2020 [Nominate]
- Skusat CBT Contest 2020 – Participate in Live Test & Win Cash Prizes
- SAP Nigeria Young Professional Program 2020
- Oduduwa University Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies Recruitment 2020/2021
- Osun State Teachers Recruitment 2020/2021 Form Portal – www.osun.csm.ng
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- How to Apply INEC Recruitment 2020 & Important Updates
- Osun State Ministry of Education Teaching Staff Recruitment 2020/2021
How to Apply UNFPA ICT Internship Programme 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender quality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage qualified women to apply. Please note that UNFPA will respond only to those applicants in whom it has a further interest.
- UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
- UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.