SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 & How to Apply : Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2020 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Table of Contents
- 1 SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020.
- 2 Description
- 3 Available Programmes
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020.
- 5 Conditions
- 6 How to Apply SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020.
- 7 Important Note to All Applicants.
- Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) Recruitment 2020/2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Graduate Trainee Programme 2020 & How to Apply
- Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) Admission Forms 2019/2020
- Deloitte Academy RPA Programme 2020 for Graduates & How to Apply
- Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Recruitment Notice 2020
- How to Check JAMB Results 2020 UTME Result www.jamb.org.ng
- SOLUTION: Sorry Your Application NSCDC Was Not Successful
- Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
- NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates 2020/2021 Current News Today
- MTN Nigeria Recruitment in March 2020 & How to Apply
- How to Check CDFIPB Shortlisted Candidates 2020 [NSCDC Recruitment]
- CDFIPB Application Number Retrieval Process 2020 [NSCDC Recruitment]
- How to Update Profile on Civil Defence Portal 2020 – cdfipb.careers
- Flour Mills Plc Recruitment 2020/2021 & How to Apply
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the:
- The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
- In the nine years of this programme, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
- For the academic year commencing September 2020, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
University of Abeerdeen
- MSc Geophysics
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering.
- MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience.
University of Leeds
Eligibility Criteria for SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- Have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- Must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- Be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- Have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
- The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2020.
How to Apply SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
Important Note to All Applicants.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than the deadline above
- More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.