Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019 for ICT Officers : The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is recruiting to fill the position of: ICT Officer. The position is located in Lagos State. Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor‘s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5 years work experience.
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB,HIV,RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate an ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
- Nestle Nigeria Recruitment Form 2019 & How to Apply
- GTBank Recruitment for Customer Service Representatives 2019
- School Kits Limited Recruitment 2019/2020 & How to Apply Online
- Monaco Ventures Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020 & How to Apply
- British High Commission Recruitment for Climate Change Policy Manager 2019
- OPEC Recruitment 2019/2020 & How to Apply Online
- FMARD Recruitment for National Procurement Officer 2019
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Location: Alausa Secretariat, Lagos
Duration of Contract: 11 months (February, 2020 to December, 2020 with a possibility of extension)
Reporting to: The Coordinator, Grant Management Unit.
- The GMJ ICT Officer will work on the LSMoH Integrated (HIV/TB/RSSH) Grant to manage the overall technology infrastructure for the Grant Management Unit and Implementing Units (RSSH, TB and HIV) including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that supports implementation of the grant.
Specific Objectives & Duties
- Ensure design improvements to the Grants ICT architecture, Support and contribute to IT-related tasks or projects through the implementation of appropriate technologies and solutions that will facilitate implementation of program activities.
- Support the entire staff on IT-related tasks and troubleshooting on hardware and software solutions across the System.
- Act as the principal administrator and ensure the maintenance of the Organization’s systems, including: general computer support; software installations; license management: warranty updates, database administration; network, printers, audio/video conferencing and mobile phone support: deployment of equipment; management of inventories: disaster recovery; and periodic security vulnerability assessments with staff alert mechanism.
- Provide user training on common business applications and use of systems where necessary.
- Provide adequate support to the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) at LASUTH PCR Laboratory, in generating validated computerized results.
- Support the GMU and Implementing Units to develop and update IT processes and procedures (ICT Strategy) and ensure they are properly documented.
- Support the procurement process for ICT equipment and services.
- Adapt an Open Source Software or develop an Excel-based application/template that can be used to track performance of any component of the Integrated Grant
- Conduct visit to supported sites (facilities and communities) where grant ICT equipment are deployed for on-the-spot assessment and provision of technical assistance as required. Ensure ICT equipment, hardware, software and other resources are timely made available and well maintained with assigned security.
- Troubleshoots, diagnose problems, implement corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs of all ICT equipment.
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level), liaise with network provider to ensure reliable and constant connectivity. Deploy and manage an appropriate cloud-based storage (including an electronic filing system) for the Grant Management Unit.
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate ICT asset management system and documentation (ensure that that all ICT equipment are tagged and any loss/damage is reported with accuracy, interact with external parties as and when required, keep track and ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile and ICT equipment)
- Undertake other duties as maybe requested by the GMU Coordinator.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, post graduate certification is desired
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical IT role, preferably in an international Donor funding environment.
- Excellent technical knowledge and experience with a variety of technologies, including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft and Linux server technologies, Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange, cloud-based storage systems, Windows OS, Citrix and PowerShell.
- Any of the following certifications will be an added advantage; Microsoft, CISCO, ITIL, Prince2 or any other relevant certification.
- In-depth knowledge of Information Management Systems such as LIMS
- Knowledge of ERP such as QuickBcoks, SAP etc. will be an added advantage.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information clearly to users and grasp perceived difficulties,
- Excellent diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn on the fly and stay up to date with the latest technology.
- Reliability, integrity, and confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
6th January, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Cover Letter (not more than one page) and CV (with at least 2 references) as a single document through email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the job position and full name of the applicant
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidate is expected to resume by February, 2020.
- Candidates may undergo a knowledge test on Advanced Excel and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).