UNIBEN JUPEB (Foundation Programme) Admission Form 2021/2022: UNIBEN JUPEB admission form (also referred to as FOUNDATION PROGRAMME) is out. The University of Benin (UNIBEN) is now selling application forms for admission into its JUPEB programme for the 2021/2022 academic session. UNIBEN JUPEB enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by UNIBEN and other JUPEB – affiliated Universities in Nigeria and abroad.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Benin (UNIBEN) Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Programme for the 2021/2022 Session.
- FRSC Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form Portal [Login/Register]
- www.recruitment.frsc.gov.ng – FRSC Recruitment 2021 Registration Portal
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company Technical Trainee Programme 2021
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company Summership Program 2021
- HONNIF Scholarship 2021/2022 for Undergraduate & HND Students
- NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Award 2021
- NLNG Post-Primary Scholarship Award 2021 – www.nigerialng.com
- Nigerian Army 81RRI Shortlisted Candidates 2021 [ims.army.mil.ng]
- PTDF In-Country Scholarship 2021/2022 in Nigerian Federal Universities
- NDLEA Final List of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 – Download PDF
- Reason Why NIRSAL/CBN May Not Approve Your COVID-19 Loan
- How To Check Your NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan Approval Status
- INEC Voter Registration Portal 2021/2022 | https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- JAMB Result Portal 2021 – Portal-jamb-gov-ng/eFacility_/CheckUTMEResults
- AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science 2021
- KwaZulu-Natal Unemployed Agricultural Graduates Programme (UAGP) 2021
- Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Recruitment 2021 & How to Apply
About UNIBEN JUPEB Programme
The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and other JUPEB – affiliated Universities in Nigeria and universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC) or IJMB.
Each candidate admitted into the programme will be exposed to intensive academic work in three subject combinations relevant to their desired field of study. The subjects are broken into four courses labelled 001, 002, 003 & 004 with each candidate taking six courses per semester, making a total of twelve courses at the end of the programme. Also, candidates will take at least two general studies courses (one per semester). Each course will be examined at the end of each semester, but the results in all the courses taken will be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain a letter grade in each subject (i.e. A, B, C, D, E & F). The general studies to be chosen by each candidate will be based on general courses relevant to the field of study.
For admission into the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate institutions, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by departments and faculties of choice.
UNIBEN JUBEB Admission Requirements, Subject Combinations & Duration
Candidates seeking admission into the JUBEB Foundation Programmes must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB).
All the combinations shown in the table below meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities, including OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UNIYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT etc.
The following Subject Combinations are available:
1. Arts :
- Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
- History/ Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
- Economics/Government/Literature in English
2. Education :
- All the combination in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8
3. Management/Social Sciences :
- Economics/Business Studies/Government
4. Law :
- Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
5. Life Sciences :
6. Physical Sciences :
7. Medicine/Dentistry/ Pharmacy/Nursing :
8. Engineering :
9. Agricultural Science :
- Agricultural Science/Biology/Chemistry
Duration of Programme:
The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is a strictly non-residential programme.
Mode of Study:
Face to face contact at the University of Benin or other designated venues. Lectures will be conducted from 8 am – 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
How To Apply for UNIBEN JUPEB Admission Form.
Interested candidates are to purchase UNIBEN JUPEB application forms online from the university website www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE VISA OR MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) The fee excludes bank charges.
The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
- ON the UNIBEN website, Click on the WAEUP PORTAL LINK.
- Click on the FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (JUPEB) APPLICATION 2021/2022 Link.
- Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION and fill out the application after reading the instructions on the page.
- Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with a red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and password.
- All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application fee.
- Only coloured print out will be accepted.
- Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with a complete passport-sized photograph printed in colour.
- Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.
CLOSING DATE: The application website closes by midnight on October 10, 2021. Candidates who pay after the deadline will not sit for the examination.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION: Admission into various JUPEB programmes shall be through an entrance examination to be conducted between 8th and 9th October 2021. The Screening test shall be computer-based. Candidates should go back online on Wednesday 6th October 2021 to check for the Day, Venue and Time for their examination.