WARA/Mastercard Foundation Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship 2021: Applications are invited from emerging West African Scholars to the West African Research Association (WARA), in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships Program. The deadline for submission of applications is March 1, 2021.
The West African Research Association (WARA), in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, is pleased to announce support for young West African scholars through its Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program. This program reflects our joint commitment to increasing opportunities for emerging West African scholars, people who are transforming ideas into active solutions to the challenges facing not only the region but also throughout the globe.
West Africa, like other parts of the world, is rich in intellectual resources. Universities are home to scholarly communities of scientists, historians, artists, and social scientists. Young scholars in the region are carrying out innovative, cutting edge research in agriculture, technology, the humanities, and a wide range of other fields. They are poised to deliver innovative solutions to challenges posed by the changing climate, demographic shifts, and cultural transformations that mark our times. The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program will support the research initiatives of these young scholars.
- Open to doctoral students;
- Applicant should be under age 35;
- Be based in West African institutions of higher education, for research on the continent.
- Priority will be given to research projects focusing on women, technology and entrepreneurship.
- The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program will award three doctoral research grants of $4,000 each.
How to Apply for Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship Program.
Documents required to complete the application include:
- Project abstract (50-80 words)
- 1500 word proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement explaining how your research will contribute to meeting critical needs on the continent
You don’t want to miss any opportunity, then SIGN UP for our updates by email or subscribe through the sign-up form.
Check out these opportunities:
- NDA Application Form 2021/2022 – 73rd Regular Course Admission
- David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2021 Registration Guideline
- US Diversity Visa Lottery Program (DV-2021/2022) Registration Guide
- NIRSAL CBN Covid-19 Loan Portal – https://nmfb.com.ng/covid-19-support
- CBN AGSMEIS Loan Form 2021 : How To Apply Without Collateral
- Buhari Young Farmers Network Recruitment 2021 – NALDA Recruitment
- JAMB Cut-Off Marks 2021/2022 Admission – Universities, Poly & COE
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2021
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022