WANIDA Masters & PhD Fellowships 2020/2021: The West African Network of Infectious Diseases ACEs (WANIDA) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified Africans fro its 2020/2021 Master’s & PhD Fellowships. the deadline for the submission of applications for the WANIDA Master’s & PhD Fellowships is 5th December, 2020.
In response to the ACE Partner call under the World Bank African Centres of Excellence (ACE) Impact project, seven ACEs have jointly established the West African Network of Infectious Diseases ACEs (WANIDA).
WANIDA was established to facilitate interactions, collaborations and networking among the infectious diseases ACEs, other health-related ACEs and non-ACE institutions in the sub-region, with an aim to address the inadequacies of existing health systems across Africa for responding to significant public health threats.
WANIDA seeks to promote greater cooperation between the participating institutions to pursue high quality research and excellence in training, with focus on the etiology of febrile illnesses across West Africa, and developing mechanisms for sharing research resources and technical expertise.
WANIDA Master’s & PhD Fellowships Details.
In line with its training mandate, the West African Network of Infectious Diseases ACEs (WANIDA) is accepting fellowship applications under the ACEPartner project for regional students enrolled in Master’s and PhD programmes at the following African Centres of Excellence (ACE):
- West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens (WACCBIP), University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana.
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Mycotoxin and Food Safety (ACEMFS), Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria.
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID), Redeemer’s University Nigeria, Ede, Nigeria.
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Neglected Tropical Diseases and Forensic Biology (ACENTDFB), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria.
- Africa Centre of Excellence for Population Health and Policy (ACEPHAP), Bayero University Kano, Kano, Nigeria.
- Centre d’Excellence Africain en Innovations Biotechnologiques pour l’Élimination des Maladies à Transmission Vectorielle (ITECH-MTV), Université Nazi Boni, Burkina Faso.
- Centre d’Excellence Africain – Prévention et Contrôle des Maladies Transmissibles (CEA-PCMT) Université Gamal Abdel Nasser, Conakry, Guinée.
WANIDA Master’s & PhD Fellowships Eligibility.
- Be an African national enrolled as a regional student (non-national) in one of the above-listed ACEs in the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Be interested in working on one of the following priority disease areas: COVID-19, HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, Ebola, Mycobacterial infections, neglected tropical diseases, food-borne pathogens.
- Oyo TESCOM Non-Teaching Interview List 2020
- NDA DLC Postgraduate Admission Form 2020/2021
- IITA Youth Agripreneurs Young Africa Works Registration Portal 2020
- Cross River State Govt Skills Acquisition Training Programme 2020
- Kellogg’s SuperStars Scholarship Contest 2020 – Win N100000
- Edugrant Essay Competition 2020 – Apply to Win Amazing Prizes
- NYIF Application Portal Login & Registration – www.nyif.nmfb.com.ng
How to Apply for WANIDA Master’s & PhD Fellowships.
Applicants are required to include as part of their applications:
- Completed application form.
- Summary of research proposal including plans for partnership(s) with other ACE(s), budget and timelines (maximum 2 pages).
- Letter of motivation (maximum 1 page).
- Endorsement from current supervisor and ACE Centre Leader.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Proof of registration in current academic year or letter of admission.
- Official transcript from most recent degree.