Apply for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 Supported by Deloitte: Applications are open for the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 – sponsored by Deloitte. At Deloitte, they are committed to expanding opportunities for 100 million people by 2030 by developing job skills, improving educational outcomes, and providing opportunities for individuals from underrepresented and marginalized groups around the world to realize success.
How do we prepare 100 million futures for a world of opportunity? Education is a cornerstone of sustainable development – it empowers and uplifts individuals, nations, and society. However, the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted students’ education and learning worldwide. Globally, millions of people have been left behind, with an estimated 1.6 billion students being impacted by the pandemic and 24 million children potentially never returning to school. Educational inequality was a global challenge well before COVID, but the pandemic has further widened the learning gap
- Nigerian Army College of Nursing ND/HND Nursing Form 2021/2022
- National Teachers’ Institute (NTI) Admission Form 2021/2022
- United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) Job Recruitment 2021
- USAID Youth Excel: Our Knowledge, Leading Change Program 2021
- NDA Entrance Exam Date 2021/2022 – 73rd Regular Course
- University of Connecticut (UConn) Merit Scholarships 2021/2022
- Northumbria Postgraduate Taught EU Scholarship 2021/2022
- ACTG Academic Scholarship 2021/2022 for African Scientists
- NDA 73RC Entrance Exam Date & Subject Combinations
- NPDC/Seplat National Undergraduate Scholarship 2021/2022
- Czech Republic Government Scholarship 2022/2023 (Foreign Development Assistance)
- Nigerian Airforce DSSC Recruitment 2021 Form Portal nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng
- UNIZIK School of Postgraduate Studies Admission Form 2021/2022
The past year has also provided a glimpse into what learning in the future could look like. It accelerated the adoption of new classroom technologies to increase student access, and demonstrated the adaptability of teachers and their vital role in our communities. We must use this moment to rethink the skills and opportunities needed for future success, and focus on equitable education solutions so that no one is left behind..
At Deloitte, we are committed to expanding opportunities for 100 million people by 2030 by developing job skills, improving educational outcomes, and providing opportunities for individuals from underrepresented and marginalized groups around the world to realize success. In line with this ambition, Deloitte is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 for the third year. Working together, we can accelerate innovative youth-led solutions to achieve inclusive, equitable, and quality education for all.
Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 by Deloitte.
In line with Deloitte’s ambition to prepare 100 million futures for a world of opportunity by 2030, the challenge seeks to support scalable youth-led solutions that:
- Utilize innovative approaches and technology
- Address root causes of the issue
- Demonstrate ability to drive impact and potential to scale
- Recognize existing efforts and collaborate with others to accelerate impact
- Facilitate opportunities for collective impact, by engaging a wide-range of stakeholders
- Improve the quality of, or access to, education and skills training that prepares young people to succeed
- The challenge is open to young people from social enterprises, non-profits, or community organizations.
- Note: projects need to be based where Deloitte has a presence.
The solutions should drive impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for young people to prepare for the future workforce.
- Accelerate entrepreneurial skills and develop a new generation of job creators.
- Improve access to education and skills opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy.
- Support transition to virtual learning and adoption of technologies to empower learners’ access to education and skills development opportunities.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Aligned: Evidently aligned with the challenge. See ‘About’.
Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
Market ready: Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
Note: projects need to be based where Deloitte has a presence.
Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 Supported by Deloitte Prize.
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Deloitte
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 Timeline.
- 25 July 2021: Applications open.
- 30 August 2021: Applications close.
- 17 September 2021: Shortlisted candidates confirmed.
- 2 December: Lead2030 Challenge Winner confirmed.
How to Apply for Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 Supported by Deloitte.
Interested candidates should go to the online application form for this year’s Lead2030 Challenge to apply. Click here to apply