UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2021 for Individuals and Organizations: UNESCO is pleased to announce the 2021 UNESCO International Literacy Prizes for champions in the field of literacy. The call is also for nomination entities to be ready to engage and nominate their favorite candidates from around the world.
Since inception, the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes have rewarded excellence and innovation in the field of literacy.
- AA RANO Foundation Scholarship 2021 for Kano Indigenes
- Al-Qalam University Admission List 2020/2021 Session
- List of FUTMINNA Postgraduate Courses and Requirements
- FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form 2021/2022
- UNILORIN Postgraduate Exam Date for 2nd Semester 2019/2020
- UNILORIN Postgraduate Academic Calendar 2019/2020 | REVISED
- TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship for Scientists 2021/2022
- Jiangsu University(jsu) Presidential Scholarships for New Students 2021
- French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme 2022/2023
- AAI One World Scholarship 2021 for Postgraduate Students
- Cambridge-Africa ALBORADA Research Fund 2021 for Post-Doctoral Researchers
- International Breweries Kickstart Programme for Entrepreneurs 2021
- Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) Gold Medal Prize 2021
- Institute for Basic Science Young Scientist Fellowship for Study in Korea
Every year, UNESCO rewards six individuals or organizations for their outstanding projects that promote literacy learning. UNESCO International Literacy Prizes has two prestigious prizes namely: The UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize (3 awards) where the winner receives a medal, a diploma and US$20,000 and the UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy where the winner receives a medal, a diploma and US$30,000. UNESCO supports effective literacy practices and encourages the promotion of dynamic literature societies to close the literacy gap of approximately 773 million people.
To be considered for the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Governments, non-governmental organizations and individuals who promote literacy through projects and programmes are welcome to apply.
- National Commissions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in official partnership with UNESCO are encouraged to nominate individuals, institutions and organizations making outstanding contributions to promoting literacy and who request a nomination.
- Institutions, organizations and individuals promoting literacy through effective and innovative projects or programmes.
- Programmes and projects that have not been awarded the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes in the past five years.
How to Apply for UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2021.
Interested applicants for the UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2021 are to submit their applications before the application deadline. Applicants are to request the access to the online form and then fill in and submit the application form through either a National Commission for UNESCO or an International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) maintaining official relations with UNESCO.
Application Deadline: 13th June 2021 for applicants and 27th June for Nominating Institutions