FG Gives Condition to Receive Palliative Funds to Nigerians – Read Here: The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Sadiya Farouq, disclosed this in a chat with State House correspondents in Abuja, as she spoke of the modalities being put in place for disbursements.
She said her ministry intended to focus on the urban poor as it carries out President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive on the distribution of palliatives.
She said: “You are aware that the president in his broadcast of Monday, 13th April, directed that we expand the beneficiaries of the conditional cash transfer by one million and in this regard, we are going to focus more now on the urban poor.
“These are people who depend on the informal sector to earn their livelihood; they are daily wage earners and these are the people that we are really going to focus more on as well as people living with disabilities.”
She stated that the ministry is considering three ways to select the beneficiaries of the schemes, saying: “Well, we have three options; one, we are going to use the national social register that we already have; two, we are also going to focus on the urban poor as I mentioned, by using their verified BVN accounts to get them, that is, people that have an account balance of N5,000 and below.
⇒CLICK HERE TO READ FULL TEXT HERE >>>
Read more news on home:
- FULOKOJA Recruitment 2020 for University Bursar & How to Apply
- Ajayi Crowther University Recruitment 2020 for Vice Chancellor
- Audi Environmental Foundation Scholarship 2020 – Fully Funded
- ECWA School of Nursing Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Covenant University Post UTME & DE Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Nigeria Police Academy Application Form 2020/2021 – 8th Regular Course
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment 2020 & How to Apply
- African Liberty Writing Fellowship Program 2020/2021
- FG Begins Payments of Monthly Stipends to 500000 Npower Beneficiaries
- Kaduna Government Opens Portal for N5m Education Loan
- NPA Application Form 2020/2021 – 8th Regular Course Admission
- World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment in March 2020 (LATEST)