Applications are open for the World Forum for Democracy 2022 – Youth Delegation. The World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide.
By identifying and analysing experimental initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies.
The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
The 2022 World Forum for Democracy, the tenth edition, will debate the issues and generate new ideas for tackling the democratic crisis we face today. By identifying and analysing democratic initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies. The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
The theme of the 2022 edition of the World Forum for Democracy is “Democracy: A New Hope?”
Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe. Only the participants who attend the entire event (pre-Forum meeting and World Forum) can be reimbursed. The payment will be made by bank transfer after the World Forum. Prepaid tickets for travel can only be arranged in exceptional and justified cases.
Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe during the dates of the activity (arrival on Friday 4th November and departure on Thursday 10th November). Participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS). You might be requested to share a room. The EYCS is fully accessible to young people with disabilities and ready to adapt to young people’s special needs in order to ensure full inclusion and quality working conditions. Wi-Fi is provided in the rooms
In order to be selected and participate in the World Forum 2022, youth applicants should:
- Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
- Be able to communicate and work in English;
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy;
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to democracy;
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of democracy;
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand (i.e. online preparation and onsite presence in Strasbourg arriving on November 4th and departing on November 10th).
How to Apply for World Forum for Democracy 2022 Youth Delegation
All candidates must apply in 2 parts:
- An online application form
- A short 1-minute video should be posted on YouTube or another video platform that can be accessed easily, with the link attached to the online application form.
This video should tell them what it is that should make them choose you to attend this particular WFD. If the link to the video is not accessible the application will not be considered.
If for reasons of personal security candidates do not wish to post on a public platform then the secretariat should be contacted one week before the deadline at WFDYouth@coe.int.
Deadline: August 2, 2022