The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) hereby announces that the admission form into Executive/Professional Masters Degree programmes is now open. Interested candidates should kindly review and adhere strictly to the information provided below on this page.
Through these programmes, the NOUN Business School (NBS) will be fulfilling its mandate of providing: World-class business management education and research at the various study centres of the University across the six geopolitical zones of the country, and Innovations in themes, programs and delivery methods to serve the evolving needs of students,industry, and the nation at large in the coming decades.
The NBS will serve as a hub for local and global talents, cross disciplinary research, business-university partnerships, global leaderships and local entrepreneurship and innovation. The need to have enough local talent to allow organizations maintain competitiveness, and support the creation of more avenues for local upgrading of high-end skills cannot be over emphasized.
The NBS will help to serve highly-qualified students who are not being accommodated by current business and management programs in other institutions in the country.
Whether your ambition is to lead in international organizations or start something closer at home, the course will hone your strategic thinking and capabilities, preparing you for a career at the forefront of business. The NOUN Executive Master’s programmes offer the flexibility to learn over a longer period of time and are specifically designed for people who want to combine a full-time career with study.
This provides the opportunity to enrich learning through discussion of current business issues and apply your skills and knowledge straight away in your professional practice.
NOUN Business School Programmes.
In 2017, the following non-academic Executive Programmes were approved by NUC for NOUN Business School (NBS) in collaborative partnership with the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF). The following programmes are to be offered:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) with the following areas of specialization:
- (a) Accounting
- (b) Agro-Business Management
- (c) Banking and Finance
- (d) Cooperative Management
- (e) e-Business
- (f) Financial Management
- (g) Human Resource Management
- (h) Information Technology
- (i) Marketing
- (j) Media House Management
- (k) Micro Finance Banking
- (l) Sports Management
- (m) Security and Safety Management
- (n) Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) with the following areas ofspecialisation:
- a. Public Personnel Management
- b. Public Sector Reform
- c. Educational Management
- d. Budgeting and Finance
- e. Public Financial Management
- f. Local Government Administration
- g. Health Management
- h. Disaster and Safety Management
- i. Population and Refugees Studies
- j. Deregulation, Privatization and Commercialization
- k. Public-Private Partnership
- l. Equality, Gender Studies and Intergovernmental Relations
- Master of Justice Administration (MJA) with the following areas of specialization:
- a. Alternative Dispute Resolution
- b. Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement
- c. Internal Dispute Settlement
- d. Settlement of Local and International Boundary Disputes
- e. Traditional/Family Values and Dispute Resolution
- Master of Transport Management (EMTM) with the following areasof specialisation:
- a. Air Transportation
- b. Road Transportation
- c. Railway Transportation
- d. Maritime Transportation
- Master of Security and Terrorism Studies (MSTS)
- Master of Managerial Psychology (MMP)
- Master of Corporate Governance (MCG)
- Master of International Relations and Diplomacy (MIRD)
- Master of Critical Thinking and Analytical Reasoning (MCTAR)
- Master of Energy Economics and Management (MEEM) with the following areas of specialization:
- a. Energy Law
- b. Petroleum Economics
- c. Environmental Management in the Energy Industry
- d. Petroleum and Natural Resource Management
- e. Renewable Energy
- Master of Financial Management with emphasis on Budgeting and Project Implementation (MFM)
- Master of Film-making and Cinematography (MFC)
- Master of Advertising and Public Relations (MAPR)
- Master of Security and Law Enforcement (MSLE)
- Master of Healthcare Planning and Management (MHPM)
- Commonwealth Executive Masters in Business Administration(CEMBA)
- Commonwealth Executive Masters in Public Administration(CEMPA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
NOUN Business School Admission Form Registration Requirements.
NOUN Business School Executive Master’s programmes are open to anyone who is desirous of acquiring a higher degree in Management, Finance, Justice Administration, etc.. In this regard, applicants will be required to have any of the following:
- A good honours degree with a minimum of second class honours (lower) in Business or Public Administration and other relevant areas from the University recognized by the Senate of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). The relevant areas include:
- Business Administration
- Public Sector Management
- Business Administration/Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Entrepreneurial & Business Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration or Business Administration with a minimum of credit pass from the University recognized the Senate of NOUN;
- HND in any discipline from a reputable institution recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Such candidate must have five (5) credit passes at Ordinary Level to include English Language,Mathematics and Economics/Commerce at not more than two sittings;
- A minimum of three (3) years managerial/administrative experience in reputable transport organizations;
- Professional certificate obtained from Institutes duly recognized by the Act of Parliament;
- Graduates without a background in the Social and Management Sciences should go through the PGDPA or PGDBA.
How to Apply NOUN Business School Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Interested candidates should apply for the NOUN Business School Admission Form 2020 via the online student portal >> https://nouonline.net
If you have any questions related to this article, kindly use the comment box below to let us know.