Norwegian Refugee Council Administrative Internship 2020 & How to Apply : The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the ongoing recruitment of Administrative Internship 2020.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
- OAU Executive MBA Admission Form 2019/2020 Academic Session
- AAU Ekpoma Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Academic Session
- FULOKOJA Postgraduate Registration Procedure 2019/2020 Session
- FUNAI Law Post-UTME Result 2019/2020 Academic Session
- Future Generation Art Prize 2020/2021 for Artists Worldwide
- 2020 JAMB Examination Slip Re-Printing Procedure | How-to Guide
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Intern
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Commencement: March 2020
Percentage of full-time: 100
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies and guidelines
- Participate in the Implementation of the NIF activities through supporting in the facilitation of training, information sessions, and counseling sessions
- Learn and understand the proper filing of documents as required
- Assist in the distribution of materials according to procedures
- Ensure and maintain transparency in the implementation of assigned activities.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the NIF Director and NIF team:
- Logistics processes, procurement, warehousing, ICT, assets management, fleet management
- HR/Admin processes
- Finance processes – documentation of processes, compliance issues
- Staff safety and security – first aid, security information sharing, behavior in insecure environments, standard operating procedures
- Support INGO Forum Secretariat in communications, information management, and coordination, as needed
- Ensure drafting and update of INGO Forum documents and correspondence.
- Maintain and update INGO Forum Calendar of key dates, events, contact list, and other documents
- Assist in organizing all logistics for training, workshops, events, and other INGO Forum activities including flight bookings and procuring office supplies
- Take meeting minutes and circulate to identify recipient lists as and when required.
- Provide required support to communications personnel to produce monthly context – compilation of articles, links to relevant media reports, assessments, newsletters, etc from identified key sources
- Bachelors’ degree in Social Science, Management or any relevant field
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken – in English required
- Must be a graduate from a reputable university
- Must have a minimum GP of 3.5
- Must be willing to work as a team member and take direction
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to learn and work under pressure
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
We can offer
- Commencement: March 2020
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Abuja with frequent travels. Travel outside Abuja is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
1. An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
2. Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.