Leading Africa Scholarship 2020 for Young Leaders (One Young World) : Applications are invited from outstanding young people from Africa for the Leading Africa Scholarship to attend the One Young World 2019 Summit in Munich, Germany. The deadline for submission of applications is 8th April, 2020.
The Leading Africa Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Africa are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
Africa is host to the largest population of young people in the world, with over 60% of its population under the age of 25. With 72% of its labour force in “vulnerable” employment and several countries experiencing challenges of governance and violent extremism, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
Table of Contents
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
- OAU Executive MBA Admission Form 2019/2020 Academic Session
- AAU Ekpoma Postgraduate Admission Form 2019/2020 Academic Session
- FULOKOJA Postgraduate Registration Procedure 2019/2020 Session
- FUNAI Law Post-UTME Result 2019/2020 Academic Session
- Future Generation Art Prize 2020/2021 for Artists Worldwide
- 2020 JAMB Examination Slip Re-Printing Procedure | How-to Guide
Leading Africa Scholarship Eligibility.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Central African Republic
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
Congo, The Republic of the
eSwatini, Kingdom of
Libya, State of
Sao Tome and Principe
Tanzania, United Republic of
Benefits of this Scholarship Opportunity.
The benefits of attending the One Young World Summit are numerous. Here are some of them:
- Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders.
- Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries.
- Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events.
The scholarship offers
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between October 14 and October 17, 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
How to Apply Leading Africa Scholarship 2020 for Young Leaders (One Young World).
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should visit the One Young World 2020 Leading Africa Scholarship for Young Leaders in Africa application portal to apply >> https://www.oneyoungworld.com/form/leading-africa
The selection process.
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of May. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted. Please note:
- We cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that we will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we receive, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails inquiring about the outcome of the Leading Africa selection process.
- We do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.