Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019 for Laboratory Manager : This is to inform you that the Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the available job position of a : Laboratory Manager. Do you want to apply for the Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019? Are you willing to work with the Lagos State Ministry of Health? If yes, then follow the application guide below to apply for Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019 online.
This page contains information regarding the Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019/2020. To be eligible to be employed into the Lagos State Ministry of Health, you must meet up with the job application requirements stated on this page to apply online.
- 1 Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019/2020.
- 2 Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019 for Laboratory Manager.
- 3 How to Apply Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019 for Laboratory Manager
Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019/2020.
The Lagos State Government, through the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH).
- NDLEA Screening Date
- NDLEA Shortlisted Candidates
- Civil Defence Screening Centres
- Civil Defence Screening Date
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment 2019 Form
- Catholic Relief Services Recruitment
- UBA Bank Entry-level Recruitment
- Chevron Nigeria Graduate Internship Recruitment
- Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Recruitment 2020
- Standard Chartered Bank Internship Programme 2020
- NDLEA Recruitment Aptitude Test
As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fullfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, HIV, RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019 for Laboratory Manager.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Reporting to: The Coordinator, Grant Management Unit
Duration of Contract 15 months (October, 2019 to December, 2020)
Job Overall Objective
- The GMU Laboratory Manager will work on the LSMoH Integrated (HIV/TB/RSSH) Grant together with the State’s HIV and TB Programmes (SASCP and STBLCP) to support implementation of the lab technical services, logistics and supply chain management of lab commodities and institutionalization of Quality Management System (QMS) across all GF supported sites.
Specific Objectives & Duties
- Ensure grant objectives and targets are achieved, and that the Global Fund policies and procedures are followed across all supported laboratory facilities for the provision of laboratory services
- Support the Implementing Entities to facilitate the development adaptation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures as well as other tools and technical job aids for effective Laboratory services while ensuring compliance with standard requirements and national regulations
- Support the optimization drive of requisite laboratory tests in all grant supported HIV (including PCR) and TB sites. These tests include but not limited to Viral Load, Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), TB Sputum GeneXpert, Other tests – Haematology, Chemistry, CD4, and AFB microscopy
- Monitor the performances of key laboratory indicators through technical reviews and proactively identify potential issues, inform GMU Coordinator and make recommendations for amelioration and resolution of challenges in a timely manner
- Ensure routine review of functional diagnostic sites and analyze results to assess progress towards achievement of targets of full coverage of Xpert MTB/RIF, AFB Microscopy, culture, Line Probe Assays (LPA) and phenotypic drug susceptibility testing in the country, recommend solutions and communicate red-flags to the GMU and TWG as necessary
- Support institutionalization of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and an efflcient biosafety and infection control program across all supported healthcare sites
- Work with the Implementing Entities to ensure the functionality of all laboratory information systems and periodic update facility records at its repository
- Support the coordination and leveraging of resources with other stakeholders to implement planned laboratory programme activities
- Liaise with technical specialists and other partners on technical reviews and program management
- Create and maintain a data base of information on TB and HIV diagnostics to guide decision making on prevention and treatment interventions and provide regular quarterty TB and HIV updates to SMU Coordinator
- Strengthen the laboratory data management system to improve data utilization for sound decision making and effective program management
- Prepare and present technical reports on the results of TB and HIV laboratory activities, laboratory program implementation and laboratory quality issues, as well as progress made by GF and other implementing partners towards achieving full coverage of TB and HIV diagnostic testing needs in the State.
- In collaboration with the GMU PSM Manager, monitor the procurement and supply of all laboratory equipment, commodities and consumables to ensure arrangements are efficient, cost-effective and in compliance with the laws and policies of the State and The Global Fund while ensuring timely and consistent reporting
- Evaluate, guide and implement possible alternative approaches to standard laboratory methods, recognizing and defining problems in TB and HIV techniques and procedures; evaluate methods for solutions and recommend way forward
- Provide technical support on laboratory equipment inventory, maintenance and management at supported HIV and TB facilities and facilitate regular communications on this with the relevant vendors and in-house services
- Assist with developing solutions and systems to improve specimen referral and transportation systems in the State
- Support and strengthen all capacity building initiatives with key focus on laboratory procedures, accurate diagnostics, monitoring methods, quality management and sustainability
- Participate in supportive supervision and provide mentorship to laboratory Officers in supported sites offering HIV and TB services on laboratory commodities supply chain management and Quality Management Systems (QMS)
Experience and Qualifications
- A Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other relevant field (preferable)
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in laboratory and supply chain management systems strengthening, out of which at least 5 years should be experience working with donor funded projects and in a managerial position
- Conversant with Nigeria Health Logistics Management Information System (NHLMIS) and other Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills, and familiarity with computerized stock management and information systems
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Sound knowledge of the Global Fund’s policies and guidelines
- Familiarity with Global Fund Policies on Procurement and Supply Chain Policies of Health Products, with programmatic requirements for successful implementation of grants funded by the Global Fund
- Familiarity with public health approach to laboratory and supply chain management with emphasis on Lagos State and its peculiarities will be an added advantage
- Proficient use of Microsoft office, database programs and statistical software
- Problem solving, Negotiation and Interpersonal skills
- Internal and External Quality Assurance Systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills.
How to Apply Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2019 for Laboratory Manager
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter (not more than one page) and CV as a single document through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the job position and full name of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process
- The successful candidate is expected to resume by 2nd October, 2019
Application Deadline 11:59pm, 17th September, 2019.