Ajayi Crowther University Recruitment 2020 for Vice Chancellor: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of Vice Chancellor in Ajayi Crowther University (ACU). See the requirements and how to apply below.
The position of the Vice-Chancellor of the University will become vacant in October 2020. In keeping with the Ajayi Crowther University Law of 2003 (Miscellaneous and General Provisions) No. 24 (3), the Governing Council wishes to initiate the process of filling the vacancy. Interested candidates are required to note the following information about the University.
The University Ajayi Crowther University was founded by Province 1 of the Church Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and was licensed by the Federal Government of the Republic of Nigeria to operate as a Private University on 7th January, 2005.
The University is located along Oyo/Ogbomoso Road at the old site of St. Andrews College, Oyo. It has two additional campuses: (a) College of Health Sciences and Faculty of Engineering located at Ofa-Meta, along Ogbomoso road, Oyo and (b) Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Entrepreneurship Centre located at Oniwasu Village, Awe.
- ECWA School of Nursing Admission Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Covenant University Post UTME & DE Form 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Nigeria Police Academy Application Form 2020/2021 – 8th Regular Course
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment 2020 & How to Apply
- African Liberty Writing Fellowship Program 2020/2021
- FG Begins Payments of Monthly Stipends to 500000 Npower Beneficiaries
- Kaduna Government Opens Portal for N5m Education Loan
- NPA Application Form 2020/2021 – 8th Regular Course Admission
- World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment in March 2020 (LATEST)
There are 9 faculties in the University namely:
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Management Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Environmental Science
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education
- Proposed Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
It also has a vibrant Postgraduate School which runs programmes up to Ph.D. level.
The vision of the University is to be a top-class institution in the pursuit of knowledge and scholarship through teaching, learning, research and exemplary service to humanity. The mission is to:
- Provide admission to students and employment to staff without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, disability, religious and political persuasions;
- Produce graduates who are imbued with the fear of God and a sense of service to humanity and who are endowed with a well rounded education to enable them operate successfully in the Nigerian environment, both as private entrepreneurs and top flight workers in the private and public sectors of the nation’s economy; and
- Provide a living and learning environment which is influenced by Christian ethics and principles.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive, Academic and Financial Officer of the University. He is the Chairman of Senate and other statutory bodies. He serves as the link between the Governing Council and the University Community and has the overall responsibility for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the University.
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor must have a good University education up to a Ph.D. Degree and also be a proven successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic of the rank of a Professor who can provide academic and administrative leadership in a young University.
- He/She should normally have been an Academic in a University for at least fifteen years, not less than ten of which must be as Professor;
- Be a scholar who is firmly-rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- Have a clear vision for the development and growth of the University;
- Be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his/her tract record:
- Possess the ability to sustain harmony in the University Community and between the University and the host community;
- Have initiative for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the University even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Have good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciate its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry;
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies and further uplift the academic status of the University;
- Be able to relate efficiently with Government, Nongovernmental Organizations, the alumni, and foster linkages with institutions within and outside Nigeria;
- Be a person of probity and integrity;
- Be someone who appreciates, respects and promotes merit without fear or favour even while under pressure; and
- Enjoy certified sound physical and mental health.
- He/She should not be more than 65 years of age at the time of appointment.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment. The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities.
How to Apply Ajayi Crowther University Recruitment 2020 for Vice Chancellor.
Each application should be made in 30 copies and be accompanied by 30 copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae is to be in the following format:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Current Mailing Address
- Permanent Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Managerial Experiences
- Academic Awards and Distinctions
- Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies
- Date of Delivery of Inaugural/University Lecture and Title
- Major Scholarly Publications or Breakthrough
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees
Each Referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’s Report at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Each application must be accompanied by 30 copies of statement of the candidate’s plan for the actualization of the University’s vision and mission.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council
Ajayi Crowther University
The sealed envelope containing the applications and photocopies of credentials is to be marked Post of Vice- Chancellor at the top left hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar within six (6) weeks of this advertisement.