Freedom Foundation Recruitment for Program Director 2020: This is to inform you that Freedom Foundation is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the ongoing recruitment of a Program Director. See below for more information.
We were moved to take action, because we have had the privilege of viewing society from two spectrums; an awareness of the abysmal poverty and the acute need that exists at a stratum. It is the general notion that people in poverty do not want to work, go back to school, better themselves or be integrated into society. The reality is that most of them lack the requisite support system, and have been battered by society.
In the right environment with mentors and spiritual support, they blossom, and that is what Freedom Foundation has set out to do. We reach out to them in their own environment; the Foundation has moved to the inner cities and deprived communities to meet their needs. It is an attitudinal, legislative and spiritual issue; this needs the joint efforts of corporations, society and religious groups in partnership with government efforts. Freedom Foundation was birthed out of the desire to create a growing and sustainable sphere of positive influence by actively engaging social ills.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 – 10 years
We are recruiting to fill the position of: Program Director at House of Refuge, Lagos, Nigeria
Program Planning and Management:
- Engage in the iterative process of program design and improvement in order to deliver efficient and effective services to clients.
- Oversee the implementation of the health promotion and treatment program of House of Refuge.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of special projects as may be approved by the Board from time to time.
- Structure his/her team to ensure that all program aspects meet the highest programmatic standards and adhere to international standards of practice.
- Track program objectives and deadlines.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures for all program activities are in place, staff are trained and strictly adhere to them.
- Ensure the program is in alignment with Freedom Foundation’s principles, values and the program’s strategic plan.
- Ensure all program management minimum standards are met (including risk management, issues management).
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to achieve the desired impact.
- Ensure program staff receive necessary inductions and training; hire, orient and supervise new team members as necessary in consultation with the Executive Board.
- Create a work atmosphere of mutual respect conducive to professional growth and development of excellent personnel at all levels.
- Implement, and ensure all staff members are effectively using, the performance planning and management system, establishing performance expectations and regularly providing constructive feedback.
- Directs the clinical, managerial, and administrative aspects of the organization, ensure smooth running of day-to-day operations.
- Develops and implements budget, administer the funds according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the program.
- Ensure periodic development of accurate management reports (accounting reports, staff performance, monitoring and evaluation reports, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory authorities
- Identify, build and manage partnerships on state and local levels with different stakeholders such as state and local government, civil society, UN agencies and partners.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall program targets and partner/donor obligations are met.
- Recognize and bring forward opportunities for innovative action and create an environment of empowerment, inclusion and participation.
Research, Policy and Advocacy:
- Initiate research studies and promote findings from prevention and treatment activities of House of Refuge.
- Develop policy papers, dialogues and initiate thought leadership sessions to drive conversations to improve policy and practice.
- Plan annual conference on substance misuse and addiction.
Public Relations, Marketing, and Fundraising:
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, sponsors, governmental organizations and NGO organizations to help achieve the goals of the House of Refuge.
- Conduct official correspondence for and on behalf of the Foundation on matters related to House of Refuge.
- Act as chief spokesperson for the program represent House of Refuge at events to enhance the organization’s profile
- Provide support for efforts to write concept notes and new programs to address emerging issues and programming challenges.
- Assist with New Business and Strategic Planning Development; develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for the growth of House of Refuge.
A post-graduate degree in relevant field (medicine or medical sciences, public health, social work, psychiatry, psychology, public policy etc.).
- 5-10 years’ experience in senior management in a nonprofit/development organisation.
- Fundraising, grant-seeking skills, and excellent marketing skills
- Proven experience as a program director or other managerial position
- Previous experience in a substance treatment program is strongly desired.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics.
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting, and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Strong presentation and public speaking ability
How to Apply Freedom Foundation Recruitment for Program Director 2020.
Interested and qualified candidate should submit a copy of their CV/Resume and a cover letter to: [email protected] with “Application for HOR Program Director” in the subject of the email.