2019 Polls: 18 Electoral Offenders Facing Trial in Seven States – INEC: The Independent National Electoral Commission on Tuesday announced the prosecution of 16 electoral offenders in seven states for their conducts during the 2019 general election.
The commission said it was also prosecuting two cases emanating from the governorship election in Bayelsa State held on November 16, 2019.
The 16 electoral offences being prosecuted by INEC for the 2019 polls were committed in Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Gombe, Kogi, Lagos and Niger states.
The crimes ranged from snatching and destruction of election materials, disorderly conduct, unlawful possession of ballot papers and Permanent Voters’ Cards to vote-buying at polling units on election day.
But the offences for which people are facing trial in Bayelsa relate to snatching and destruction of electoral materials, The Mediangr was told.
He said, “In the understanding that impunity encourages perpetrators of election offences, the commission is vigorously prosecuting offenders.
So far, 16 case files arising out of the 2019 General Elections have been provided by the Police (the lead agency for electoral security) on the conclusion of investigations. The cases are in Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Gombe, Kogi, Lagos and Niger states, ranging from snatching and destruction of election materials, disorderly conduct, unlawful possession of ballot papers and PVCs to canvassing for votes at polling units on election day.
Besides, two cases emanating from the Bayelsa Governorship election and relating to snatching and destruction of electoral materials are also being prosecuted.
- Command Secondary Schools Entrance Examination Date Nationwide
- Command Secondary Schools Exam Centres 2020/2021
- Command Secondary Schools Admission Form 2020/2021
- 2021-2022 Masters Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study Overseas
- NDA Application Form 2020/2021 – 72nd Regular Course Admission
- Air Force Military School Jos Admission Form
- Npower Reveals What Beneficiaries Need to Do to Get Paid
- List of Boarding & Day Command Secondary Schools in Nigeria