They also renewed commitment to ensuring that offenders face the full weight of the law.
This was contained in a communique signed by the Chairman of the NGF, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, after the forum’s 10th COVID-19 teleconference meeting held on Wednesday.
The communique was issued in Abuja, on Thursday, MEDIANGR reports.
Governors agreed to, “Declare a State of Emergency on Sexual and Gender-based Violence. Governors strongly condemned all forms of violence against women and children and committed to ensuring that offenders face the maximum weight of the law;
Call on State Governors that have not already domesticated relevant gender-based protection laws to domesticate the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act, the Child Rights Act and the updated Penal Code to increase protection for women and children and ensure speedy investigation and prosecution of perpetrators in addition to creating a sex offenders register in each State to name and shame.
- Command Secondary Schools Entrance Examination Date Nationwide
- Command Secondary Schools Exam Centres 2020/2021
- Command Secondary Schools Admission Form 2020/2021
- 2021-2022 Masters Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study Overseas
- NDA Application Form 2020/2021 – 72nd Regular Course Admission
- Air Force Military School Jos Admission Form
- Npower Reveals What Beneficiaries Need to Do to Get Paid
- List of Boarding & Day Command Secondary Schools in Nigeria
- OAUTHC School of Health SHIM Admission Form 2020/2021
- Oduduwa University School Fees 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Oduduwa University Post UTME Screening Form 2020/2021
- Reps Decries Killings by Insurgents in Katsina and Borno States
- Osun State University Relaxes Ban on Students Union Activities
- UNIOSUN Postpones CA for 1st Semester 2019/2020
- NDA Postgraduate Application Form 2020/2021 Admission