Reps Decries Killings by Insurgents in Katsina and Borno States: The House of Representatives has decried the continued killing of people by insurgents in the North-East and bandits in the North-West, calling for decisive action against insecurity.
The Chairman Committee on Defence, Mr Babajimi Benson, in a statement issued on Thursday, commiserated with the people of Foduma Kolomaiya community in Gubio Local Government Area of Borno State and residents of Faskari Local Government of Katsina State over the death of 121 persons by Boko Haram and bandits.
Benson, who extended his sympathy to the governments and the entire people of the two states, said the death of any individual in Nigeria, especially from insecurity, should be a source of concern to all.
The lawmaker, who represents Ikorodu Federal Constituency of Lagos State, said it is disheartening that at a time the military was making gains in the fight against insurgents and bandits, the criminals could strike in these communities and kill that large number of people.
He bemoaned the situation, which he described as “very sad,” saying more military action is needed in the affected states for the insurgents and bandits to be dealt with decisively.
According to him, the death toll in both Borno and Katsina states in just one day was almost one-third of the total deaths recorded from COVID-19 pandemic so far.
Benson stated that with the way the insurgents and the bandits have been striking in recent times, more decisive steps need to be taken by the armed forces.
He said, “The situation in Borno and Katsina states, and indeed other states affected by insurgency, banditry, and kidnapping calls for decisive action. We cannot fold our hands, while fellow citizens are killed in a most gruesome manner by bloodsuckers whose only interest is to continue killing and inflict untold pains on Nigerians.
- Command Secondary Schools Entrance Examination Date Nationwide
- Command Secondary Schools Exam Centres 2020/2021
- Command Secondary Schools Admission Form 2020/2021
- 2021-2022 Masters Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study Overseas
- NDA Application Form 2020/2021 – 72nd Regular Course Admission
- Air Force Military School Jos Admission Form
- Npower Reveals What Beneficiaries Need to Do to Get Paid
- List of Boarding & Day Command Secondary Schools in Nigeria
- OAUTHC School of Health SHIM Admission Form 2020/2021
- Oduduwa University School Fees 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Oduduwa University Post UTME Screening Form 2020/2021
While commending our officers and men, who through their sacrifice and bravery are working to reduce the level of insecurity in the affected states, I will like to encourage them to up their game at this time. The wanton killing of innocent Nigerians by these criminals is very disturbing and unacceptable. Something must be done about it now, or we all live to continue to have pains over the killings of our loved ones.
My heart goes to the people of Foduma Kolomaiya and Faskari at these trying times. By the grace of God, we won’t fail you.