The long time ban was recently lifted in a meeting with the student leaders of the institution with the adoption of the constitution drafted by the past student leaders who are now alumni of the institution.
Related post: UNIOSUN Postpones CA for 1st Semester 2019/2020
It would be recalled that ever since the inception of the University, there had not been central student union activities. The student union activities were largely restricted to the faculties.
Speaking on the lift of the ban on student unionism, the vice-chancellor stated that he was very glad to announce that the constitution of the student union had been approved as prepared by the student representatives and that the student leaders could now meet to elect their central officers.
- Command Secondary Schools Entrance Examination Date Nationwide
- Command Secondary Schools Exam Centres 2020/2021
- Command Secondary Schools Admission Form 2020/2021
- 2021-2022 Masters Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study Overseas
- NDA Application Form 2020/2021 – 72nd Regular Course Admission
- Air Force Military School Jos Admission Form
- Npower Reveals What Beneficiaries Need to Do to Get Paid
- List of Boarding & Day Command Secondary Schools in Nigeria
- OAUTHC School of Health SHIM Admission Form 2020/2021
- Oduduwa University School Fees 2020/2021 Academic Session
- Oduduwa University Post UTME Screening Form 2020/2021
“At this critical time in the history of our country, we feel that it is very important that student leaders should be allowed to associate freely within the ambit of the laws so that they can effectively represent the yearnings of the generality of the students. “As leaders and representatives of the students, you need to demonstrate exemplary character and leadership. Gone are the days of “we no go gree”.
Professor Popoola admonished the students to effectively liaise with the administration to enhance buy-in of the students for the several innovative programmes being promoted by the administration.
The student leaders that comprised the presidents of all faculties were all thrilled and grateful as they signed and adopted the constitution.
The Vice-Chancellor later charged the Ag. Dean of Students Affairs, Dr. Oluseye Abiona to work with the Faculty Presidents on how the provisions of the Constitution would be implemented.