Applications are open for the Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service 2022. This scholarship gives college students financial aid to alleviate the burden of college debt, meaningful travel experiences to expand their horizons, and a network of mentors and leaders to support them.
An increasingly globalized world needs young leaders who can bridge divides and help solve our biggest challenges together. The Voyager Scholarship was created by the Obamas and Brian Chesky, Airbnb CEO, to help shape such leaders. Even though they come from different backgrounds, both the President and Brian believe that exposure to new places and experiences generates understanding, empathy, and cooperation which equips the next generation to create meaningful change.
- Landmark University Job Recruitment 2022 & How to Apply
- Standard Bank Youth Development and Employment Programmes 2022
- Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022 & How to Apply
- DAAD Scholarships – Graduation Grants For International Students 2022
- Canadian Government Entrance Scholarship For International Students 2022
- Simmons University Kotzen Scholarship For International Students 2022
- Tesla Internship Program 2022 | Fully Funded
Students will receive up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid for their junior and senior years of college. This financial aid should alleviate the burden of college debt so that students can afford to pursue a career in public service.
Students will receive a $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience between their junior and senior year of college. The students will design their own Summer Voyage to gain exposure to new communities and experience in a chosen field.
After graduation, Airbnb will provide the students with a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years, totaling $20,000. This will allow students to continue to broaden their horizons and forge new connections throughout their public service careers.
Students will be invited each fall to an annual summit to help define and inspire their public service journey. At the summit this fall, they will meet with President Obama and Brian Chesky to talk about the role of empathy and understanding in leadership. They’ll also hear from guest speakers on different approaches to service, and build community with other Voyagers.
Throughout the program, students will be invited to an ongoing speaker series, giving them access to a network of leaders. This network of leaders will expose them to new areas of service and innovations happening in their fields. After graduation, they will join the Obama Foundation’s global community, providing them with Foundation resources and programming.
Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Plan to enroll full-time in their junior year of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States in Fall 2022. Eligible students are:
- Finishing sophomore year in Spring 2022
- Or transferring from a two-year to a four-year college for their 2022-2023 junior academic year
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Have demonstrated a commitment to public service
- Plan to pursue a career in public service upon graduation
- Be a United States (US) citizen, US permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA)
How to Apply Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service 2022
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display:
- Student name
- School name
- Grades and credit hours for each course
- Term in which each course was taken
- A copy of pages one and two of the most recently filed 1040 form used to complete the financial section of the application.
- If you are claimed as a dependent, please supply financial information and the tax form from your parent(s) or guardian(s).
- If you are independent, please supply financial information and the tax form for yourself.
Deadline: June 14, 2022