Wharton Global High School Investment Competition 2021: The Wharton Global High School Investment Competition is a free, online investment simulation for high school students (9th to 12th grade) and teachers. Students work in teams of four to seven, guided by a teacher or other advisor. Together, they learn about teamwork, communication, risk, diversification, company and industry analysis, and many other important aspects of investing.
Teams examine a brief case study featuring a potential client and are tasked with working collaboratively to meet that client’s short- and long-term investment goals as they try to win his or her business. Equipped with an approved stock list (a selection of domestic and international equities) and the Wharton Investment Simulator (WInS), which allows them to buy and sell stocks, over the course of 10 weeks students develop an investment strategy, analyze industries and companies, and build a portfolio using $100,000 in virtual cash. Winners are selected on the strength and articulation of their team strategies, not on the growth of their portfolios, which is a key differentiator between this investment challenge and others. During the competition each team submits two deliverables.
- NDLEA Final List of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 – Download PDF
- eason Why NIRSAL/CBN May Not Approve Your COVID-19 Loan
- How To Check Your NIRSAL COVID-19 Loan Approval Status
- INEC Voter Registration Portal 2021/2022 | https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- JAMB Result Portal 2021 – Portal-jamb-gov-ng/eFacility_/CheckUTMEResults
- AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science 2021
- KwaZulu-Natal Unemployed Agricultural Graduates Programme (UAGP) 2021
Final reports are reviewed by a team of judges, who select 50 semifinalist teams. Those teams are invited to present their strategies to a panel of expert judges at the virtual Semifinals. The top 10 teams from the Semifinals move on to the Global Finale at Wharton in Philadelphia.
About Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
In 1881, American entrepreneur and industrialist Joseph Wharton established the world’s first collegiate school of business at the University of Pennsylvania — a radical idea that revolutionized both business practice and higher education. Since then, the Wharton School has continued innovating to meet mounting global demand for new ideas, deeper insights, and transformative leadership. We blaze trails, from the nation’s first collegiate center for entrepreneurship in 1973 to our latest research centers in alternative investments and neuroscience.
Aim and Benefits of Wharton Global High School Investment Competition
- It’s run by the Wharton School, a world leader in business education
- You get to explore the exciting world of securities and strategies
- You learn about risk, diversification, company and industry analysis and more investing basics
- You develop teamwork, leadership and communication skills
- You enhance your college and scholarship applications by building your résumé
- You have a chance to compete against teams from around the world
- You learn finance skills that will last a lifetime
- It’s free and fun!
Requirements for Wharton Global High School Investment Competition Qualification
The Contest is for high school students (9th to 12th grade) and teachers, worldwide.
How to Apply Wharton Global High School Investment Competition.
Interested and qualified? Go to Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania on globalyouth.wharton.upenn.edu to apply
September 18, 2021