Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021/2022: This essay competition provides an opportunity for young Commonwealth citizens to share their thoughts, ideas and experiences on key global issues and have their work and achievement celebrated globally.
The 2021 competition theme is “Community in the Commonwealth”. It is rooted in Commonwealth values, providing interesting introduction to the network and allowing young people to explore their own connection to the Commonwealth, whilst fostering an emphatic and open-minded world view.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is the world’s oldest international writing competition for schools, established in 1883. With thousands of young people taking part each year, it is an important way to recognise achievement, elevate youth voices and develop key skills through creative writing.
The Competition invites all young Commonwealth citizens and residents, regardless of region, education or background, to share ideas, celebrate their story and have their voice heard. All entrants and all participating schools receive a Certificate of Participation and one Winner and Runner-up from the Senior and Junior categories will win a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events.
- Nigeria Maritime University Resumption Date 2021
- EMEND World Environment Day Writing Competition 2021
- Mama Cass Restaurant Limited Recruitment 2021 & How to Apply
- University of Western Australia Global Excellence Scholarship 2021
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2021/2022 [Funded to the United States]
- Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship 2021/2022 for African Students
- Al-Istiqama University Sumaila (AUSU) Post UTME Form 2020/2021
Interested applicants for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021 are to meet the following criteria:
- Nationals or residents of all Commonwealth countries and territories, as well as residents of Hong Kong and Zimbabwe. Residents of non-Commonwealth countries whose entries are submitted through their local RCS branch are also eligible.
- Entrants must select a Senior or Junior topic depending on their age.
- The maximum word counts are 1,500 words for Senior entries and 750 words for junior.
- Only one entry per participants will be accepted.
- All entries must be submitted before 23:59 BST on 30th June 2021; any offline entries must arrive at the Royal Commonwealth Society office in London by 30th June 2021.
How to Apply.
Applicants are to submit their online entries before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021 at 23:59 BST