Covenant University CApIC-ACE Masters & PhD Admission Form 2022/23: Covenant University is now selling application forms for admission into its Masters and PhD Degree Programmes in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biochemistry and Information & Communication Engineering (ICE) for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The newly established Covenant Applied Informatics and Communication Africa Centre of Excellence (CApIC-ACE) domiciled at Covenant University under the World Bank-funded African Centre of Excellence IMPACT project (ACE-IMPACT) invites suitably qualified and highly motivated applicants from Nigeria and West & Central Africa into its Masters and PhD degree programs in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biochemistry and Information & Communication Engineering (ICE).
Sponsorship and intense 3 months of English Language Training (for French-speaking applicants) will be available for successful applicants.
- How to Transfer Your INEC Voter Polling Unit in Simple Steps
- How to Apply UN Immersion Programme 2022
- CBN 3 Million Naira Collateral-free Loan for SMEs & Individuals
- INEC Voter Registration Portal 2021/2022 | https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
About the CApIC-ACE Masters & PhD Programmes.
CApIC-ACE was established based on the urgent need to build a critical mass of indigenous African scientists with the necessary bioinformatics, molecular biology, and information & communications engineering knowledge and skills to drive and sustain impactful researches in the areas of malaria, prostate and breast cancer as well as cloud & high-performance computing as related to personalized medicine, in collaboration with academic, clinical and industrial institutions in Nigeria, West Africa, Africa, Germany, France, US and UK. Our collaborators have a track record of successful research, training, innovation and technology transfer.
CApIC-ACE is built on the existing infrastructure and personnel as well as externally-funded research projects for malaria and FEDGEN (NIH H3ABioNet, NIH WASLITBRe and German Science Foundation (aka DFG) being run by CUBRe) and cancer (CaPTC) at Covenant University. It hopes to evolve a Federated Genomic (FEDGEN) cloud infrastructure (with in-memory computing and cloud AI capabilities) customized to process and analyze indigenous genomic data to address African health issues including health education, medication efficiency and early disease diagnosis.
Available Programmes – Covenant University CApIC-ACE Masters and PhD Degree Program.
Available programs in the various colleges include the following:
College of Science and Technology
A. PROGRAMME: BIOINFORMATICS
- Functional Genomics
- Genome Bioinformatics
- Network Biology
- Population Genetics
- Statistical Genetics
- Systems Biology
B. PROGRAMME: COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cybercrime Security/Digital Forensic
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Mobile Computing
- Software Engineering
C. PROGRAMME: BIOCHEMISTRY
- Molecular Biology
- Molecular Oncology and Cancer Research
D. PROGRAMME: MICROBIOLOGY (MICROBIAL & GENETIC BIOTECHNOLOGY)
College of Engineering
A. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- AI in Communication Systems
- Cloud and High Performance Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Big Data Analytics
Requirements for Admission into the Covenant University CApIC-ACE Masters & PhD Programmes.
Minimum requirement for application:
Master programme requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (second class upper) from any recognized University in Nigeria, West or Central Africa.
- Or Post Graduate Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in the relevant disciplines.
NOTE: that the minimum duration of this programme is full time of two academic sessions.
PhD programme requirements:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees from any recognized University in Nigeria, West or Central Africa.
- Direct entry candidates must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0 on a 5.0 scale or its equivalent in M.Sc./M.Eng/M.Tech and a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (second class upper) in the Bachelor’s degree.
NOTE: Candidates with professional Master’s degree are not eligible for the PhD programme. Minimum duration of PhD programme is full time of three academic sessions.
How to Apply Covenant University CApIC-ACE Masters & PhD Admission Form 2022/2023
Send CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with email subject matter, in the format: Application for CApIC-ACE RA + FIRST NAME_LAST NAME
Also, applicants can attach copies of their academic transcripts (Student copy) including other credentials.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: AUGUST 19TH, 2022.