Applications are open for the She Code Africa Mentoring Program 2022 (Cohort 6).
The SCA mentoring program (SCAMP) is specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with girls/women who identify as beginners or intermediates in tech and in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
Tracks & Sub- Tracks Available
- Software Engineering: Web development (Front end / Back end), Software testing/Quality assurance, Cybersecurity
- Product: Product Design
- Data: Data science
- Software Engineering: Web development (Front end / Back end), Mobile development, Cross platform development,
- Product: Product Design , Product Management
- Data: Data science
She Code Africa Mentoring Program Eligibility
- Be an active member of the She Code Africa Community (sign up here);
- Have made some learning progress in their specified field;
- Show proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields;
- Possess a working Laptop;
- Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities.
How to Apply She Code Africa Program 2022 (Cohort 6)
- Step 1: Indicate interest by confirming eligibility and applying
- Step 2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance / rejection mail
- Step 3: Upon being accepted, pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on the slack community (you would be added automatically to this)
- Step 4: Connect with your assigned mentor and team mates
- Step 5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning path on your field for the next 3 months
- Step 6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
- Step 7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
- Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program
- Publish a technical article/Public speaking on a technical talk
- Step 8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off their preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA.
Deadline: June 19, 2022