Lagos Business School MSA Internship Program 2022: The Lagos Business School (LBS) through the Management Scholar Academy (MSA) is delighted to welcome applications from academic focused candidates for its research mentoring internship and paid employment program.
The MSA is a two-year structured research mentoring internship and paid employment program designed to engage young, talented and academically focused individuals as research assistants under the tutelage of designated faculty members who in return train, mentor and support the admission of research assistants into fully funded PhD programs overseas..
Ultimately, the goal of this program is to create a channel for generating high quality PhD holders with interest in joining LBS in future either as full time faculty, adjunct faculty or as resource persons.
Role of Research Assistants
Research assistants shall assist designated faculty with the:
- Development of conceptual literature that are publishable in decent academic and professional journals of top international quality and repute
- Formulation, design and building of positivistic or phenomenological – driven conceptual models that are publishable in high quality international journals of repute.
- Identification and review of theories or epistemologies as well as make a case for the use of specific theories or epistemologies.
- Identification of appropriate research methodologies, methods and research designs. They shall make a case for their appropriateness.
- Identification of appropriate data analytical methods as well as support the collection of data from the field
- Writing-up of findings for research projects
- Development of business cases, teaching and technical notes
Beyond these activities, research assistants are encouraged to:
- Write very good PhD proposals
- Achieve a 90th percentile in GRE or GMAT, especially in the quantitative section of their exam
- Achieve a minimum of 8.0 in ELTS
- Redesign or refine CV in line with international standards
- Have published articles with designated faculty as first or contributing authors
Post MSA: Current Overseas PhD Students
MSA RAs who are currently pursuing their PhD programs overseas will be invited to LBS to spend time on our campus as visiting doctoral scholars. The benefits of this visit include:
- Use of LBS as venue for data collection and analysis
- Opportunity to present preliminary findings of PhD studies to scholars and practitioners either in the form of a professional or academic seminar and receive valuable feedback.
Post MSA: PhD Holders
MSA RAs who undertake and successfully complete their PhD programs overseas will have the following benefits:
1-Appointment as future faculty; or
2-Appointment as an adjunct faculty
3-Lifetime relationship with LBS
Requirements for joining the Lagos Business School Internship Program.
Required academic qualifications
The MSA is open to young talents with any of the following qualifications:
- First class & distinction graded masters in any discipline. Publications will be of high advantage
- First class & PhD graded masters in any discipline. Publications will be of high advantage
- 2:1 & distinction graded masters in any discipline. Publications will be of high advantage
- First class in any discipline. Publications will be of high advantage
- Participation in LBS Young Talents Programme
How to Apply for Lagos Business School Internship Program.
Interested and eligible applicants for Lagos Business School (LBS) Internship and Paid Employment Program should complete the Management Scholar Academy (MSA) Program application online for the internship.
Application Deadline: Not specified