Citibank Recruitment for Chief Administrative Officer, SSA Cluster 2020: Citibank Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position of: Chief Administrative Officer, Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) Cluster. The position is located in Lagos State. Interested candidates should possess a Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Finance / Banking/ Economics.
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 20178494
Location: Lagos, Lagos
Job Function: Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Employee Status: Regular
Time Type: Full time
- To support the cluster head in managing the overall franchise risk, controls, governance and strategy for the Sub-Saharan cluster.
Job Background / context
- The SSA cluster spans 12 presence countries and 23 NPCs in the Region and covers Citi’s institutional businesses.
- The CAO for the cluster will be based in Lagos Nigeria and will lead/drive specific initiatives such as ensuring safety and soundness, new markets/business entry, process re-engineering, risk management and talent development.
- The position will work closely with all local and regional Product and Functional areas that engage with SSA cluster in addition to the EMEA EM CAO. The SSA CAO will also manage all projects initiated by the cluster head. The position will have a matrix reporting line to the EMEA EM CAO.
Franchise Risk and Controls:
- Work with Finance, Compliance, Products and Coverage groups in coordination with Country BRCCs to ensure that all countries have a strong, consistent and focused control and business ethics environment.
- Focus on ensuring strong and consistent corporate governance standards in all countries
- Provide support and guidance on audit preparation (IA and Regulatory)
- Project manage specific risk and controls related projects
- As required, support cluster heads on all regional control and governance committees
- As required, meet with local regulators on franchise issues
- Support the cluster head in outlining country and product strategy for the cluster and then lead the execution of the same
- Project manage new market entry/exit processes
- Lead strategic re-engineering projects (e.g. Simplification)
- Manage the process around competitive intelligence (e.g. market size, competition footprint, P&L etc.)
- Participate in talent process and MA Steering Committee and work with cluster HR on strategic HR issues (e.g. Compensation, promotions, VOE, Localization etc.)
- Manage scorecard process for CCOs
- Oversight of OICG HC population
Events and Senior travel:
- Work with CCOs and GPA to organize and manage senior visits to the cluster
- The position provides a very wide scope of activities and geographic coverage with frequent interaction with senior management of all product, coverage and functional lines.
- In addition to this exposure, the position provides learning opportunities for leadership across a diverse set of countries with a wide range of management challenges.
- Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Finance/ Banking/ Economics.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Citi’s products and services and target customer base
- Experience in geographic management including business process management
- Extensive experience within the Financial Services industry
- Matrix understanding
- Strategic agility
- Managing stakeholders at all levels
- Effective communication and presentation / public speaking skills
- Strong project manager
- Strategic Business thinker, highly developed problem analysis and solution skills
- Leadership and management of complex and operational functions
- Strong organisational and follow-up skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment.
- Proven Relationship Manager; the ability to build and foster long-standing relationships amongst the senior leadership team, creating synergies and influencing change
- Adaptable; the ability to work in an environment where priorities are frequently changing
- Execution skills, seeks closure.
- Leadership (including team building, creativity, flexibility, initiative and motivation as well as the ability to manage diverse teams);
- Execution skills (Quick thinker who can take strategic decisions to implementation, ability to prioritize; analytical thinking and attention to detail);
- Ability to handle pressure; strong interpersonal skills required for frequent multi-level interaction; must be excited to travel and experience MENA & SSA;
- Strong negotiation skills and numeric / computing skills
- Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce and the ability to identify cultural nuances
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
- Strong communication skills across all levels.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online