United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme 2020 : United Nations is now accepting applications from qualified candidates for its 2020 International Law Fellowship Programme. The deadline for the submission of applications for the United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme is 24th February, 2020.
The Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by prominent international law scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core topics of international law.
The Fellowship Programme consists of an annual six-week summer course at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands. The participants attend lectures and seminars in international law organized by the Codification Division as well as the public international law session at The Hague Academy of International Law.
In addition, the interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on contemporary issues of international law.
United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme 2020 Eligibility.
- Open to qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies.
- Candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme Financial Support.
1. The fellowships cover the recipient’s travel costs in economy class, accommodation, medical insurance, participation in the Fellowship Programme, the training material and the registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law.
2. In accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships, participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
3. Qualified candidates may also apply for self-funded positions. Self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation (travel, accommodation, living expenses and registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law). Training materials are provided to all self-funded participants free of charge.
United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme Selection Process.
1. When selecting participants for the Fellowship Programme, due consideration is given to the candidates’ qualifications, to the scope of their professional duties, to the relevance of the training to their professional duties, geographical distribution and gender balance.
2. Due consideration will also be given to candidates from Member States from which there has been no recent fellowship recipient for the International Law Fellowship Programme 2020.
- Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2020
- How to Apply EFCC Recruitment Form 2020
- Baobab Microfinance Bank Recruitment 2020
- NCS Exam Result 2020
- AXA & 50intech FemTech Accelerator Program 2020
- How to Print Nigerian Customs Service Examination Slip 2020
- UNIABUJA Hostel Accommodation Registration 2020 Procedure
- World Food Programme PD Summer Internship 2020
- Nigeria Customs Service Shortlisted Candidates 2020
- How Much Is JAMB Form 2020
- JAMB Form 2020/2021 Registration Guidelines
- DCSL Corporate Services Recruitment 2020
How to Apply United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme 2020.
- Complete the application form in French, typewritten. Answers should be clear and as detailed as possible. If you need extra space, you may attach additional pages. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The “Letter of Transmission” must be completed and signed by a senior official of the institution that is presenting the candidate’s application.
- A candidate whose mother tongue or language of instruction is not French must submit evidence of his/her ability to attend and participate in lectures and seminars conducted in French (e.g., diploma of courses conducted in French, language test certificate, extensive work experience in French).
The application should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two versions of the application form must be submitted:
- One scanned copy of the signed original (for example in PDF or JPG)
- One electronic MS Word version (or equivalent) of the application